+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa approval no passport request

Gs98195

Jul 25, 2019
I’m indian and i have a canadian visitor visa
As I said in your other post....

Just wait they will send you in 1 or 2 days....it has been approved now so no need to worry anymore.....

Also I don't know you already hold TRV so they will ask passport request or not if not then they will give you the letter of introduction only which you have to show on arrival in canada to get study permit at the port of entry...

Gs98195

Jul 25, 2019
That's why, the TRV remains the same so there is probably no need to give you a new one. Remember TRV only allows you to travel to Canada so at airport you will get student status & ur permit.
Yes he told me in his other post that he holds canadian TRV so I told him about the same.... but I wasn't sure about it .... and you confirmed....thank you....

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
I’m indian and i have a canadian visitor visa[/QUOTE If you have a
Hey i got my approval today but there is no passport request as such is it normal?
If I am not mistaken you will be given the permit at the port of entry during secondary inspection , when you first arrive in Canada.
Passport is only required for TRV . The other permits are paper permit which can be stapled in the passport

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Letter of introduction is what you are likely to receive in your Mail . You will need to carry it. Do remember to state , at the time of primary inspection at port of entry , that you are going to study/work ( as is applicable in your case ) . They would then guide you for secondary inspection. Your letter of introduction will be used at the secondary inspection for printing your permit. If you just pass through the primary inspection without going to secondary , you will miss getting the permit. I may be wrong as my knowledge is based on procedures which was there in 2014 .

Akshay2468

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Letter of introduction is what you are likely to receive in your Mail . You will need to carry it. Do remember to state , at the time of primary inspection at port of entry , that you are going to study/work ( as is applicable in your case ) . They would then guide you for secondary inspection. Your letter of introduction will be used at the secondary inspection for printing your permit. If you just pass through the primary inspection without going to secondary , you will miss getting the permit. I may be wrong as my knowledge is based on procedures which was there in 2014 .
Thanks a lot for clarifying I’ll still confirm it according to the new rules.