Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
My cousin application got refused on June 13th because of the following:

1. Travel History - He never traveled before.
2. Employment Situation - He works but doesn't make a lot of money.
3. Personal Assets and Financial Situation - He doesn't really own anything since he lives with parents and his account has about $600 CAD.

My wedding is coming in July 27th, 2019 and I wanted to know the following:

1. How early can he re-apply? Is there a gap where you are not allowed to re-apply?
2. If he re-apply with the same application (no changes) but state that I will fully support his trip, will that help?
3. If he got refused again, will this cause a red flag or get him banned from coming to Canada?

P.S. His father applied on July 12th and got through today. He was previously rejected 4 times over the past 10 years which is why we did separate applications.

I would really appreciate any help asap.

Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately your cousin has very little chances of being approved. You saying that you will cover his costs won’t make a difference because it isn’t enforceable.

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
The reason why I asked is that during the online application, there is a section called "Do you depend on someone for financial support?" If set to Yes, it requires that the sponsor send in some additional documents (Financial support means that your sponsor provides money to help you pay for food, living expenses, etc.).

Should I even try again or is this a bad look and will cause problems in the future?

I really want him to come for the wedding.

Thanks!