+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa application for family

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
What if someone marries after SP is approved? and wants to take the spouse along?
I don't think that will be seen in a good light by the VO. Even marriages that's 1 year or less are seen as suspicious and will likely result in a refusal for the accompanying spouse. In such a case, it's better for the SP holder to land in Canada and then call up the spouse after 6+ months.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I don't think that will be seen in a good light by the VO. Even marriages that's 1 year or less are seen as suspicious and will likely result in a refusal for the accompanying spouse. In such a case, it's better for the SP holder to land in Canada and then call up the spouse after 6+ months.
Problem is that bride's family won't agree to leave for Canada without taking the bride.

Apr 16, 2021
Hi guys! I had applied study permit only for myself and recently my visa was approved. Now I want to take my family with me during my study. My study starts in May. Should I apply visa for my family now or once I am in Canada?
How did you handle visa applications for your family? Is it going to be SOWP or TRV for your spouse? I have heard that a separate SOWP application is risky if you are in your home country.