+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Application Center Office Appointment

Jes

Dec 10, 2007
Hi,
My sister has visited Canada several times in the past. Her biometric information is valid until 2027 and she received a letter confirming this. She received also a letter approving the VISA application (I guess) stating:
"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."
and giving her 30 days for her passport to be received by immigration Canada with the standard link to VAC addresses. She doesn't have one where she resides, and the most convenient offices are in Istanbul or Cairo (both VFS Global).
The issue is that when she tries to book an appointment online (has been trying to call for several days), the only option she has in the dropdown menu is for Biometric Enrollment. As I understand from the letter is that she needs to go to a place that will forward her passport to immigration Canada wherever that is. Should she book a biometric appointment just to get in? or can she walk into any Canadian embassy and give the passport personally?

Thank you!

Reactions: ApplicantCND

ApplicantCND

Jan 24, 2019
Cambridge
Category........
Hi,
My sister has visited Canada several times in the past. Her biometric information is valid until 2027 and she received a letter confirming this. She received also a letter approving the VISA application (I guess) stating:
"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."
and giving her 30 days for her passport to be received by immigration Canada with the standard link to VAC addresses. She doesn't have one where she resides, and the most convenient offices are in Istanbul or Cairo (both VFS Global).
The issue is that when she tries to book an appointment online (has been trying to call for several days), the only option she has in the dropdown menu is for Biometric Enrollment. As I understand from the letter is that she needs to go to a place that will forward her passport to immigration Canada wherever that is. Should she book a biometric appointment just to get in? or can she walk into any Canadian embassy and give the passport personally?

Thank you!
I have the same problem now. Can you advise if you found out how to set an appointment?

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
passport submission is done through VACs and these are walkin appointments mostly
and usually it takes about a week to get the visa stamped
u can try emailing the local VAC or get through their online chat options
they are pretty quick in replying as I have seen in my case
I understand every country is different and there could be delays
Good luck

ApplicantCND

Jan 24, 2019
Cambridge
Category........
I called the visa agency in Istanbul and asked them if my mother needs to set an appointment before going there to drop off her passport for the permanent residence visa. They said that she doesn’t have to take an appointment, she can just do a walk in and she also can pay for courier service to get the passport with a visa mailed back to her home address. Hope this helps.