+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa application cancelled

ImmigrantVL

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hello!

I work in Canada full-time on a PGWP that expires next Summer 2019. I wanna go for a vacation this summer and need an entry visa in order to enter Canada again. I have applied for the Entry visa about 3 weeks ago and today I got an e-mail notification that my application is updated. Once I logged in to my CIC account, I have not seen any new messages there, however, the Application status says: "Your application was cancelled", and the final decision line states that "Your application was cancelled. We will send you a message with details". It also says:

If you see that your application was cancelled, it means that before we made a final decision, we:

• made a mistake and had to recreate your application
  • found that you do not need the status/document you applied for.

What should I do in this case? Just wait?

Feri12

Aug 9, 2018
Hello!

I work in Canada full-time on a PGWP that expires next Summer 2019. I wanna go for a vacation this summer and need an entry visa in order to enter Canada again. I have applied for the Entry visa about 3 weeks ago and today I got an e-mail notification that my application is updated. Once I logged in to my CIC account, I have not seen any new messages there, however, the Application status says: "Your application was cancelled", and the final decision line states that "Your application was cancelled. We will send you a message with details". It also says:

If you see that your application was cancelled, it means that before we made a final decision, we:

• made a mistake and had to recreate your application
  • found that you do not need the status/document you applied for.

What should I do in this case? Just wait?
Hi, any update?

Reactions: ImmigrantVL

Satinder47

Feb 2, 2019
Hi, I’m also in same situation. Did you applied for another document or not?
I re-applied it at Port of Entry but they told me that if you already applied online then you have to wait for final decision. After that when I check my online application Status that was cancelled.

Can you please help me but I do now. I have to re-apply for PGWP or else.

ImmigrantVL

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hi, I’m also in same situation. Did you applied for another document or not?
I re-applied it at Port of Entry but they told me that if you already applied online then you have to wait for final decision. After that when I check my online application Status that was cancelled.

Can you please help me but I do now. I have to re-apply for PGWP or else.
Hi,

I called to cic for resolution, and they advised to me that I requested the wrong documen, and she sent me a link with a section where I request for a document I needed at that moment.

Hope that helps

Satinder47

Feb 2, 2019
After that, did you re-applied another application or submit previous application again by paying new fee.

ImmigrantVL

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
After that, did you re-applied another application or submit previous application again by paying new fee.
I applied for another document, paying the same fee again. Unfortunately, that kind of application doesn’t qualify for a refund.

@launrey

Jan 24, 2019
I applied for another document, paying the same fee again. Unfortunately, that kind of application doesn’t qualify for a refund.
Can you please paste or message me the link. I am in the same situation right now as I am on a PGW visa and applied for a visitor visa that came back cancelled today. I just think I might have filled the wrong imm document after seeing your post. Thanks in advance.

bogue22

Apr 12, 2019
Can you please paste or message me the link. I am in the same situation right now as I am on a PGW visa and applied for a visitor visa that came back cancelled today. I just think I might have filled the wrong imm document after seeing your post. Thanks in advance.
This is my situation. I have an expired visa. I am in Canada and I am in the process of receiving my PR in the next couple of months. I applied online for a Visitor Visa so I can go outside Canada on a vacation.

After 2 months of waiting - my application was cancelled o_O. The answer was that I don't need a visa at this point.

After several attempts of calling the agents, I finally got one on the phone. He told me that I didn't apply for the right document (when applying online, you have to answer questions and the system will generate the form you need).

I answered all questions truthfully but, when replying to the question "Where are you applying from?" I was supposed to choose "Outside of Canada" (not "inside" like I did). This way the system will generate the correct form - Temporary Resident Visa Application.

Hope this will help anyone that got his application cancelled.

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
This is my situation. I have an expired visa. I am in Canada and I am in the process of receiving my PR in the next couple of months. I applied online for a Visitor Visa so I can go outside Canada on a vacation.

After 2 months of waiting - my application was cancelled o_O. The answer was that I don't need a visa at this point.

After several attempts of calling the agents, I finally got one on the phone. He told me that I didn't apply for the right document (when applying online, you have to answer questions and the system will generate the form you need).

I answered all questions truthfully but, when replying to the question "Where are you applying from?" I was supposed to choose "Outside of Canada" (not "inside" like I did). This way the system will generate the correct form - Temporary Resident Visa Application.

Hope this will help anyone that got his application cancelled.
It’s sad that IRCC’s own Come to Canada wizard doesn’t even properly give correct advice for everyday cases like this. It still requires proper knowledge of the requirements.

Amath03

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi @bellaluna, Hope you are well!!

have quick question for the parents marriage certificate. Since they do nt have the certificate at they got married in 1981 in India, does marriage affidavit suffice the marriage? if yes, do IRCC accept the affidavit that is 6 months older? It was made in April 2018 for their visitor visa purpose. Can i use the same one for PGP sponsorship application?

Thanks in advance!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi @bellaluna, Hope you are well!!

have quick question for the parents marriage certificate. Since they do nt have the certificate at they got married in 1981 in India, does marriage affidavit suffice the marriage? if yes, do IRCC accept the affidavit that is 6 months older? It was made in April 2018 for their visitor visa purpose. Can i use the same one for PGP sponsorship application?

Thanks in advance!!
This is a localized concern, and I don’t have any experience or knowledge in this, sorry.

EstherNnnanna

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Hi guys,

My application was cancelled due to PCC. I uploaded an old PCC but now I have got a new one. My question is this: Would CIC have access to my former application documents that were cancelled or would they compare the new application to the cancelled application? Because I intend to make a few changes on my application.
Thanks for your assistance