+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa and passport validity

nikita2912

Jan 27, 2021
Hi,
My mother is planning to visit me around last week of June or first week of July and will be leaving around mid August.
Her visa and passport both are valid till mid November and I want to be sure about minimum validity for both while entering Canada.

Also, another quick question - just incase the validity does not work in our favor, Can we book tickets on her old passport as the fares are increasing and then apply for new passport as she'll be carrying both her passports while traveling .

TIA !

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi,
My mother is planning to visit me around last week of June or first week of July and will be leaving around mid August.
Her visa and passport both are valid till mid November and I want to be sure about minimum validity for both while entering Canada.

Also, another quick question - just incase the validity does not work in our favor, Can we book tickets on her old passport as the fares are increasing and then apply for new passport as she'll be carrying both her passports while traveling .

TIA !
CBSA don't care about validity of the passport
Please check with airlines as most of airlines don't book ticket if passport is valid for less than 6 month.

Good Luck

Reactions: find_anand