+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa and COPR and Landing Procedure

mike.1980

Sep 19, 2012
Hello all,

I received my passport with a single Entry visa issued with "Confirmation of Permanent Residence".

First of all I would like to know whether everyone gets a "single entry visa" and not "Multiple Entry Visa"? I was issued a single Entry visa!

Also, I'm already in Canada, When going to a border, how is the procedure?Could you please share your experience?What documents do I need to take with myself?When I go to the border what should I say?

Many thanks in advance

nianjian

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can look at this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-a-few-tips-bc-pnp-peace-arch-douglas-border-point-t107743.0.html;msg1524596#msg1524596

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mike.1980 said:
Hello all,

I received my passport with a single Entry visa issued with "Confirmation of Permanent Residence".

First of all I would like to know whether everyone gets a "single entry visa" and not "Multiple Entry Visa"? I was issued a single Entry visa!

Also, I'm already in Canada, When going to a border, how is the procedure?Could you please share your experience?What documents do I need to take with myself?When I go to the border what should I say?

Many thanks in advance
You only need the visa the one time to enter Canada to land as a Permanent Resident. Once you are a PR, you no longer need a visa to enter Canada.