7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
hello,

I have done MBA in 2007 in Finance , I want to know will be possible for me to get canada visa for study purpose ?
some are saying that they do not give visa after 2 years from completion of studies , some say it is 5 years from completion of studies.Please help me friends.

Thanks a lot.

mr.parmar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
hoshiarpur
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
waheguru :)
jessica1 said:
hello,

I have done MBA in 2007 in Finance , I want to know will be possible for me to get canada visa for study purpose ?
some are saying that they do not give visa after 2 years from completion of studies , some say it is 5 years from completion of studies.Please help me friends.

Thanks a lot.
yes dear even people get visa after 9 years of completion of study but you should have proper reason for example you are working in some company
. You just need to justify why you want to study
However main concern is that you have already reached higher level of study (masters), so VO might think you puspose is not reasonable
But it all depends upon you SOP and course
Best of luck

jessica1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 all > 6.5
Med's Request
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
19 july 2014
LANDED..........
sooonn
I am working since 5 years after completion of MBA.

thanks

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jessica1 said:
hello,

Thanks a lot.
not a problem, if you were doing job, its not a gap, its a part of your professional voyage, but i am not sure your experience is in right progression with your MBA or you have done some other job not correlating with your MBA study.

that does not matter, you have 1 year/ 10 year gap, but gap should be justified , if it a job experience , its not a gap, yes its a gap if you were free.

VO just like to check your intention (genuine) and like to check that really you deserve for student visa further.

you can apply for MBA further which is related to your past Experience,

suppose after your MBA, you are having a Experience in Insurance Industry then you can go for MBA- Insurance, i am trying to explain you with this as a example.

so let me know your exact experience detail so that i can guide you further... don't try to be in rush and don't follow other, think what is better for you after all its a question of your future and visa.

take care..

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I have been endlessly researching and have written to few universities asking the same question; however the answers I received is not precise. I am now more confused than before. I am hoping to receive some answers to my questions below.
Questions:
B.com in 1996- I wish to purse Business Management in Canada. Is my education gap from 1996 - 2014 a problem?
What can I do to fulfil the education eligibility requirement to pursue a 2 year bachelor diploma in Canada?
Overseas education agents in India say that my education gap since my last education from 1996 till now is a huge problem for positive visa and also Canadian Universities will not accept me. Is this true?
I finished my 3-year bachelor's degree in Commerce from India in 1996 but I have been working since grade 12. After my degree, I went on to work full time mostly in Business administration, consultancy area for past 18 years.
I also have a Diploma in Personal Secretarial course (1 year) in 1998 and I have done certification course in Graphic design in 2013. Besides this, I have given my IELTS test and i am expecting my results this friday. I expect excellent scores as my english is pretty good.

Now I would like to do a 2-year Business Management program from Canada to upgrade my skills. Will the gap in years of my education be a barrier? How do I overcome this?

How do I go about it? Any suggestions will be hugely appreciate.
Thank you very much

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
B.com in 1996- I wish to purse Business Management in Canada. Is my education gap from 1996 - 2014 a problem?
What can I do to fulfil the education eligibility requirement to pursue a 2 year bachelor diploma in Canada?
No way you will get SP for another bachelor. :(

Try Post-Baccalaureate in Commerce/Commerce/International Business (what is closer to your work experience?). The same 2 years but different impression on CIC. :)
Say, "you want to update your skills and knowledge".

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
B.com in 1996- I wish to purse Business Management in Canada. Is my education gap from 1996 - 2014 a problem? No way you will get SP for another bachelor. :(

Try Post-Baccalaureate in Commerce/Commerce/International Business (what is closer to your work experience?). The same 2 years but different impression on CIC. :)
Say, "you want to update your skills and knowledge".
Thank you Regina. Just clueless on which universities / colleges offer Post Bacc programs. Any idea? Also what are the chances of Visa approvals if I go this way given my age (37 years)?

One another important question--- I have plans to start a business upon completing my course in Canada and would like to take advantage of the new Start-up Visa program introduces in 2013. I am already well along in preparing my Business plan to present to the investors assigned my CIC. I believe that my education on Business related in Canada will work in my favor to gain approvals for Start-up visa process too. What are your thoughts on this?

Appreciate your time on this and thanks again.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if I go this way given my age (37 years)?
IN Canada nobody cares about student's age. Just be reasonable describing you reasons and purpose to study in Canada.

And NO , tell NOBODY about your plans to immigrate after graduation!!!! You may do that AFTER. Right now you should show CIC your intend to go back home after graduation and a lot of "ties" in your home country you will have to return for. OTHERWISE they will not grant you SP.

One intention at a time please.