+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Oath Taking outside Canada

ongandy86

Jun 21, 2014
Hello,

Would it be possible to take the virtual oath taking ceremony outside Canada?

If not can I use the Canadian embassy of that country to do virtual oath?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello,

Is your oath scheduled for online yet?
Per forum posts, they are asking if you are inside Canada hence possibly currently you wont be able to get invite if you tell that you are outside. Nowadays they are calling and confirming before they send out invite.
Also if embassy/consulate is not open worldwide then how would you take oath there? And that too during current situation even if they open, they wont be entertaining you for this is my guess. Did you call any embassy who can accommodate this request?

canad1an2019

Jun 24, 2020
This is what written on the Oath Ceremony Invitation:

"By agreeing to participate in this video oath ceremony, you confirm that you will be taking the Oath of citizenship in Canada."

Reactions: harirajmohan

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Would add that if someone misleads and claims they are in Canada they could then lose their citizenship just in case someone was considered doing this.

Sobea

Nov 30, 2019
Hello,

Hi! Did you take your virtual oath outside Canada? Or did you go back to Canada for oath?

Reactions: Saggitarius

Sobea

Nov 30, 2019
Is your oath scheduled for online yet?
Per forum posts, they are asking if you are inside Canada hence possibly currently you wont be able to get invite if you tell that you are outside. Nowadays they are calling and confirming before they send out invite.
Also if embassy/consulate is not open worldwide then how would you take oath there? And that too during current situation even if they open, they wont be entertaining you for this is my guess. Did you call any embassy who can accommodate this request?
What about your virtual oath? Did you take it outside Canada?

Reactions: Saggitarius

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yup, there is nothing concrete in that document - It simply lists the possibility of taking oath overseas for "eligible" applicants.

Let's wait and find out if someone who applied under 5(1) "actually" took oath outside Canada.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Yup, there is nothing concrete in that document - It simply lists the possibility of taking oath overseas for "eligible" applicants.

Let's wait and find out if someone who applied under 5(1) "actually" took oath outside Canada.
In this case, CIC won't even issue an invitation if someone is outside Canada? ( as they are notified).
I thought we can always get an invitation and fly back to Canada , however i understand now that being outside the country maybe considered as a blocker

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
In this case, CIC won't even issue an invitation if someone is outside Canada? ( as they are notified).
I thought we can always get an invitation and fly back to Canada , however i understand now that being outside the country maybe considered as a blocker
No, not exactly. If you are outside Canada, you might still get a notification on the dashboard and oath email. You can return to Canada to take oath. However, there is no evidence that you can take oath outside Canada. If you can't get back to Canada on time for oath, you can always reschedule the oath date.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi….what are you basing your opinion on in respect of being outside of Canada now being a ‘blocker’?
I’ve read many posts and there’s zero mention of it from what I can see and more than likely they will give us the opportunity at least to try and make it back before any other action is taken.

Secondly to the posted above, cheers for the PDF document but as per other contributors here…it’s a possible and not guaranteed about doing oath overseas….but I live in Hope