+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual oath queries

ajay1989

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Hi all,

We finally got the invite for virtual oath and I have a few questions.

1. They ask for 2 piece of ID. My two piece of ID so far was my BC driving license and PR card. Will these be still considered 2 pcs of ID as we need to cut the PR card during the ceremony. Or else can I use my Indian passport as 2nd pcs of ID (which will be still valid till I take my oath)
2. Can my wife and myself be on same screen or do we need to log in separately for the oath.

Thank you in advance.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Congratulations!

1- I think you are good. Keep passport handy as well.
2- I think yes as it is a family application

What are your timelines?

Mar 31, 2021
Hi all,

1. They ask for 2 piece of ID. My two piece of ID so far was my BC driving license and PR card. Will these be still considered 2 pcs of ID as we need to cut the PR card during the ceremony. Or else can I use my Indian passport as 2nd pcs of ID (which will be still valid till I take my oath)
2. Can my wife and myself be on same screen or do we need to log in separately for the oath.

Thank you in advance.
Congrats! As already said, keep as many extra IDs just to be prudent, and everyone is supposed to be on the same screen I believe.

Glad to see your journey come to a close. Must have been a long wait but surely worth it :)

ajay1989

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Thanks for the reply. My time line is as follow -

Applied - Dec 10 2019
AOR - Feb 16, 2020
Online test date- Feb 28, 2021
DM - March 15, 2021
Virtual oath invite - March 31, 2021
Oath date - April 13, 2021

Family application and my processing office is Surrey, BC

Reactions: Ahmed15

joxjox19

Apr 24, 2019
Hi all,

Thank you in advance.

Got my oath this morning. T'was fun.

She asked for my Driver's License, my PR Card and the printed the Oath form.

In the invitation, virtual ceremony via zoom will start at 8:45.

I logged in at 8:30. I just sat in front of my laptop and waited.

I got joined by IRCC staff at 9:10. I just followed the instruction to fill out the Oath form. I was told to wait until everybody is done.

9:20 - General instructions from IRCC staff.

9:35 - Oathtaking started with the Judge

9:55 - Done oathtaking. We were told to wait for the next instruction.

10:10 - I got connected with the IRCC staff. She asked me to sign the Oath Form 2nd box and date. Then cut the PR Card. I waited again to get connected to the judge for photo remembrance.

10:22 - Took picture with the judge thru screenshot.

10:25 - Ceremony completed.

I have noticed families are together in one screen. Hence, they logged in to one account.

Good luck have fun.

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015

I got joined by IRCC staff at 9:10. I just followed the instruction to fill out the Oath form. I was told to wait until everybody is done.

10:10 - I got connected with the IRCC staff. She asked me to sign the Oath Form 2nd box and date. Then cut the PR Card. I waited again to get connected to the judge for photo remembrance.

I have noticed families are together in one screen. Hence, they logged in to one account.

Good luck have fun.
Congrats!! and thank you for the info ;)

SimonAitch

Star Member
Sep 20, 2020

Good luck have fun.
Did you sing the National anthem ??

sandhu111

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-8-2016
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
3-8-2016
IELTS Request
sent at the time of file submit
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-8-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
14-12-2016
LANDED..........
Inland

Good luck have fun.
Did you you use zoom on ur mobile for oath ? Or on computer

Sku2014

Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
Up front on 1-May-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2016

Good luck have fun.
Thanks for the detailed info and congratulations! I'm going for the virtual oath this Tuesday (Apr 13th) and I've few questions regarding the process.
1. You mentioned that at 9:10 after you logged in you followed the instruction to fill out the oath form. Is it the certificate number, date of birth, telephone number, signature etc? I didn't find any other info to enter in the form. Will they provide the certificate number or to be left blank?
2. You also mentioned that you had to wait in between. During waiting period, did u have to disconnect from Zoom and connect back later or do they just put you on hold and let you in again while you remain in Zoom?
3. The email invitation I received, under the section destruction of PR card, they said that "Photograph front and back of your PR card and email it back". Did you have to send the photos of the PR card after cutting the card or before? Did you have to send it along with filled oath form or separately?

Reactions: appunnu and adey786

appunnu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Thanks for the detailed info and congratulations! I'm going for the virtual oath this Tuesday (Apr 13th) and I've few questions regarding the process.
1. You mentioned that at 9:10 after you logged in you followed the instruction to fill out the oath form. Is it the certificate number, date of birth, telephone number, signature etc? I didn't find any other info to enter in the form. Will they provide the certificate number or to be left blank?
2. You also mentioned that you had to wait in between. During waiting period, did u have to disconnect from Zoom and connect back later or do they just put you on hold and let you in again while you remain in Zoom?
3. The email invitation I received, under the section destruction of PR card, they said that "Photograph front and back of your PR card and email it back". Did you have to send the photos of the PR card after cutting the card or before? Did you have to send it along with filled oath form or separately?
am having OATH ceremony tomo as well, hope to meet you there.

sharmag

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
File Transfer...
29-01-2015
Med's Request
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Wavied off
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 (Submitted on 02-4-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015 (Collected Passport on 22-04-2015)
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
@Sku2014 . Hi, these are the same questions I have. My other ceremony is scheduled and want to the answers to these questions. Can you answer /share your oath experience?

thanks
Sharmag

enigma304

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (RIH)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-7-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014
Med's Request
29-6-2015
Med's Done....
27-7-2015
Interview........
3-6-2015
Passport Req..
9-9-2015 submit: 1-10-15 rec: 13-10-15
LANDED..........
April 2016 InshaAllah
Atlast I got oath invitation after giving test in march. I have 1 query. Can me and my wife take oath on a single computer?

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Atlast I got oath invitation after giving test in march. I have 1 query. Can me and my wife take oath on a single computer?
If you both applied together, then yes, you should use one device for both of you,
if you both applied separately, then I think no, each one of you should have different device because each one will have a separate invitation link