+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Oath Ceremony - Scarborough Office

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi
In my case I didn’t request for GCMS notes.But I called IRCC regarding my application the customer service people told me everything is done .wait for oath invite they told me.when I called them they will know all the information regarding my application right?
They are customer support people and may not have all the information access from your application due to data privacy issue and that's why I believe they may have been trained with standard scenarios based on the application status what to tell their customers. Like for DM status ask the customer to wait.

Just my assumption based on my interaction while trying to check my file transfer status from Scarborough to Niagara Falls office and we cant be 100% reliant on the ECAS as my status shows DM with the last update about the invitation for the test. I have completed my oath ceremony virtually on 30th July and still there is no update on ECAS about oath invitation.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Hi,
Looking at how things have started moving at the Oath front, I will suggest to wait since your status is DM from 30th Jan.

Instead of inquiring the IRCC you may want to ask for the GCMS/ATIP as you had your DM 40-45 days before the pandemic hit to know if its just the oath scheduling that's pending for you or is there something else that's holding back the IRCC from calling for a ceremony.

By the time you receive the notes, who knows you may also get the ceremony invite and the other way to look at it is better to wait for the notes with which to file for the inquiry if at all at a later date instead of anxiously waiting for IRCC's reply about your oath schedule status or getting irritated with the standard response"your case is fine and please wait!"

Just my thoughts.

Hang in there, your invite is around the corner! Stay safe and cheerful. All the best.
I had told the officer that I was travelling from Feb 14-29. So he put it under my notes. Last week I called the agent who said I’m oath ready and because of covid it’s taking longer to have some patience.

I just ordered my GCMS notes.

I’ve heard ordering ATIP notes slows down the processing?

Last edited:

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
I had told the officer that I was travelling from Feb 14-29. So he put it under my notes. Last week I called the agent who said I’m oath ready and because of covid it’s taking longer to have some patience.

I just ordered my GCMS notes.

I’ve heard ordering ATIP notes slows down the processing?
I don't see it affecting the processing if the application is already oath ready.

My experience - DM update on ecas 6th March. ATIP requested on 29th June, ATIP received on 14th July, Oath invite on 14th July and Oath taken on 30th July.

Reactions: zam7

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
I don't see it affecting the processing if the application is already oath ready.

My experience - DM update on ecas 6th March. ATIP requested on 29th June, ATIP received on 14th July, Oath invite on 14th July and Oath taken on 30th July.
That’s amazing that you got your oath on the same day you received your notes. Definitely not coincidence, is it?

Also, did you find anything out of the blue in your notes? Thanks again.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
That’s amazing that you got your oath on the same day you received your notes. Definitely not coincidence, is it?

Also, did you find anything out of the blue in your notes? Thanks again.
There was nothing flagged, all straight forward entries related to the citizenship processing like when the file was received, checks and verification done by IRCC, communication that IRCC had with me including updated in the ecas system as well as the phone calls between me and IRCC.

I had received an Expression of Interest email received on 13 July for the virtual ceremony and only after that on 14th I received the ceremony invite details.
The file transfer related information of March was the last update in my notes. Had there been anything about the oath schedule in the ATIP then I would have concluded about some relation between ATIP processing and citizenship application processing.

So I think it was just a coincidence as everything was clear on my application and it was transferred from Scarborough to Niagara Falls office in March itself.
And I am assuming that since mine was a normal application, it was just on hold till IRCC figured out a way to process the oath ceremony considering the pandemic. In parallel I requested the notes and received it in two weeks' time.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
There was nothing flagged, all straight forward entries related to the citizenship processing like when the file was received, checks and verification done by IRCC, communication that IRCC had with me including updated in the ecas system as well as the phone calls between me and IRCC.

I had received an Expression of Interest email received on 13 July for the virtual ceremony and only after that on 14th I received the ceremony invite details.
The file transfer related information of March was the last update in my notes. Had there been anything about the oath schedule in the ATIP then I would have concluded about some relation between ATIP processing and citizenship application processing.

So I think it was just a coincidence as everything was clear on my application and it was transferred from Scarborough to Niagara Falls office in March itself.
And I am assuming that since mine was a normal application, it was just on hold till IRCC figured out a way to process the oath ceremony considering the pandemic. In parallel I requested the notes and received it in two weeks' time.
Ok cool. So in my case now I can only wait for the oath invite and the notes. Thanks!

aftaglow

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mississauga
Hi guys, What is the number to connect to customer service ? I have been trying for a month now and not able to connect. It cuts away it self

klitaz

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-6-2014
Doc's Request.
charged 01/08/2015
Nomination.....
PER 02-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Hi guys, What is the number to connect to customer service ? I have been trying for a month now and not able to connect. It cuts away it self
Client Support Centre contact options
  • Web form
  • Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)

klitaz

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-6-2014
Doc's Request.
charged 01/08/2015
Nomination.....
PER 02-02-2015
IELTS Request
sent with app.
I know phone #, what is the extension you are dialing? I dialed extension for Citizenship and questions on application and it always cuts off itself, when i am trying to get to agent
I believe it is four to connect with with citizenship once you are on the call. If you want to connect with an agent you then press zero and you will be added to the queue of callers waiting to speak with an agent. In the enven that the lines are all tied up you would be invited to call again. In that case you will have to call until you get lucky. Wait times are usually 30 - 45 minutes long so be prepared for a long wait.

Reactions: aftaglow

aftaglow

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Mississauga
I believe it is four to connect with with citizenship once you are on the call. If you want to connect with an agent you then press zero and you will be added to the queue of callers waiting to speak with an agent. In the enven that the lines are all tied up you would be invited to call again. In that case you will have to call until you get lucky. Wait times are usually 30 - 45 minutes long so be prepared for a long wait.
Oh I get I have to keep calling again :). I thought we are unable to speak to live person any more on citizenship oath status questions

canhyd3008

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
07-Oct-2014
Med's Request
13-Nov-2-14
Med's Done....
06-Dec-2014
Any idea ....What is the email id which we get oath invitation from?

saahil2020

Aug 7, 2020
Application mailed July 18 2019
Received July 25
AOR OCT 8
In Process Nov 7
Test Letter FEB 3
Test date FEB21
Decision Made FEB22
VIRTUAL Oath Invitation august 4
oath done 06 /2020
Location Scarborough on
waiting for certificate

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Is there anyone here who received an initial oath invitation in March 2020, then got cancelled and are still waiting for the next invitation? I am wondering if I am an extra special case, or if I have company. I even applied for GCMS notes earlier this month, but no progress on that too.

choquero

Aug 17, 2020
- Test February 24th
- Still waiting for any news.

Does everybody have a DECISION MADE status? I passed my exam on February but checking the status in the website it still says IN PROGRESS.