+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Landing

fscbarros

Oct 25, 2019
Hey Guys!

I received the PPR today but it was advised for me to send a web form to the VO explaining that I am in Canada (which I did, I have been here with a visitor's visa) for virtual landing. The thing is: I have 5 days to send the web form or 30 days to submit the documents for the closest VO but the answer for the web form is taking 28 WORKING DAYS o_O So I am afraid they think I am missing the timeline or something. Anyone with the same experience? Any advice? Please help!

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Which visa office says it takes 28 working days?
I got passport request last week and I informed Beijing visa office about I‘m currently in Canada via Webform.
Then, next day I received email from the visa office and I was told my file is queued in the landing queue of the nearest CIC office.

Reactions: armoured

fscbarros

Oct 25, 2019
I got passport request last week and I informed Beijing visa office about I‘m currently in Canada via Webform.
Then, next day I received email from the visa office and I was told my file is queued in the landing queue of the nearest CIC office.
São Paulo VO, after submitting the web form it says they have 28 days to answer the request. I sent them the web form same day they request the passport but no answer yet. I called ircc and the attendant said I have to wait SPVO to transfer my file to the closest cic here in Canada. I guess that’s pretty much it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
São Paulo VO, after submitting the web form it says they have 28 days to answer the request. I sent them the web form same day they request the passport but no answer yet. I called ircc and the attendant said I have to wait SPVO to transfer my file to the closest cic here in Canada. I guess that’s pretty much it.
The 28 days is a standard response for how long it might take, you will likely hear from them sooner.

Reactions: fscbarros

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
We are in a similar situation. Visa office ( London ) mentioned we are in 'queue for a virtual landing in Canada'.

Question : How long did it take from the email from International VO till you actually being contacted by the local VO?

Thanks for the help.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
We are in a similar situation. Visa office ( London ) mentioned we are in 'queue for a virtual landing in Canada'.

Question : How long did it take from the email from International VO till you actually being contacted by the local VO?

Thanks for the help.
It took just 2 weeks.

Reactions: pc8922

OnurA

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hey Guys!

I received the PPR today but it was advised for me to send a web form to the VO explaining that I am in Canada (which I did, I have been here with a visitor's visa) for virtual landing. The thing is: I have 5 days to send the web form or 30 days to submit the documents for the closest VO but the answer for the web form is taking 28 WORKING DAYS o_O So I am afraid they think I am missing the timeline or something. Anyone with the same experience? Any advice? Please help!
5 days. We submit webform on 14 April. Still waiting

Austnadian

Feb 18, 2020
Hey all!

Applied for PR through Common-Law and have recently received PPR.

The lowdown - since submitting our application in November 2020 we have relocated to Canada and I'm currently on a tourist visa until the application is approved.

Prior to relocating, I changed my details to my future Canadian address, but the PPR email was addressed to the Canadian Consulate in Australia with my details. I've already informed IRCC via webform multiple times about my relocation, and I'm hoping to receive some sort of correspondence indicating I will receive a virtual landing portal.

Can anyone send through some info on even a number to call to speak with someone about getting 'in the queue for virtual landing' as other people have said in this thread?

Any further help would be greatly appreciated! So close yet so far lol.

Cheers,

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hey all!

Applied for PR through Common-Law and have recently received PPR.

The lowdown - since submitting our application in November 2020 we have relocated to Canada and I'm currently on a tourist visa until the application is approved.

Prior to relocating, I changed my details to my future Canadian address, but the PPR email was addressed to the Canadian Consulate in Australia with my details. I've already informed IRCC via webform multiple times about my relocation, and I'm hoping to receive some sort of correspondence indicating I will receive a virtual landing portal.

Can anyone send through some info on even a number to call to speak with someone about getting 'in the queue for virtual landing' as other people have said in this thread?

Any further help would be greatly appreciated! So close yet so far lol.

Cheers,
You could try calling IRCC first thing your local time for the best shot at getting a live person. I thought PPR letters usually said what to do/how to contact them if you're in Canada?

Austnadian

Feb 18, 2020
You could try calling IRCC first thing your local time for the best shot at getting a live person. I thought PPR letters usually said what to do/how to contact them if you're in Canada?
Yeah have just tracked down the direct email for the CPC in Ottawa and the phone number, so will be trying to call them first thing tomorrow morning.

The PPR did list within Canada steps, I'm just worried that my webform submission might not reach them within the 5ish days they allow for change of circumstances, or if they have even taken my change of address I submitted last month into account.

Will loop back here after my call tomorrow :cool:

Reactions: armoured

OnurA

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yeah have just tracked down the direct email for the CPC in Ottawa and the phone number, so will be trying to call them first thing tomorrow morning.

The PPR did list within Canada steps, I'm just worried that my webform submission might not reach them within the 5ish days they allow for change of circumstances, or if they have even taken my change of address I submitted last month into account.

These are all related to your application center. Mine is Ankara and whatever I do they ignore me and not doing the virtual landing for almost 5 months. I think your's will be fine

R A J 1369

Apr 8, 2014

Hi,

Did you had a chance to talk to agent? Please keep us posted.

Thank you.

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hi guys, my wife received PPR this week. After repeatedly informing IRCC that my wife is in Canada on TRV and changing the address too. I've sent a webform again informing IRCC that she is physically present here. Per recent trend, when can I expect the virtual landing instructions link from IRCC?

Reactions: Ashwani95

Austnadian

Feb 18, 2020
Hi,

Did you had a chance to talk to agent? Please keep us posted.

Thank you.
Sorry! Have been offline for a while.

I called immigration and spoke to an agent. They changed my address on my profile to a Canadian address (which I submitted over a month and a half ago) and then told me to 'just wait until the webforms were assessed and you receive a reply'.

I've sent multiple webforms since this call and have not received any correspondence. Immigration does seem to be preoccupied with the crisis in Afghanistan at the moment though, so hopefully it doesn't delay our applications even further.

Still waiting on any correspondence regarding virtual landing.. fingers crossed it comes soon.

Cheers

Reactions: R A J 1369