+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Landing Process

Dec 7, 2021
Hello My Father, who is India, is primary applicant and my mother, who is in Canada, is dependent.
I got Passport submission request for them on Dec 02/2021. My father is going to submit his Passport in India
I sent a webform to NDVO but haven't got any reply yet. How long does it take for the virtual landing Process? what's the process, can any one please explain?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello My Father, who is India, is primary applicant and my mother, who is in Canada, is dependent.
I got Passport submission request for them on Dec 02/2021. My father is going to submit his Passport in India
I sent a webform to NDVO but haven't got any reply yet. How long does it take for the virtual landing Process? what's the process, can any one please explain?
I don't believe they will process the virtual landing until after your father has traveled to Canada with his PR visa and become a PR. Since he is the primary applicant, your mother cannot become a PR before him. He must land first. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Dec 7, 2021
Thats what IRCC agent told me. so does that mean i will not get any email from NDVO until my Father is in Canada or they will start the process but my mom get copr once my dad is here

Dec 7, 2021
I don't believe they will process the virtual landing until after your father has traveled to Canada with his PR visa and become a PR. Since he is the primary applicant, your mother cannot become a PR before him. He must land first. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
Thats what IRCC agent told me. so does that mean i will not get any email from NDVO until my Father is in Canada or they will start the process but my mom get copr once my dad is here

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
@Parminder Dhillon hello Parminder. I have exact same situation like yours. Did your father land in Canada yet and you got virtual landing instructions for your mother?

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hi there, were you both able to complete virtual landing, how long this whole process took?
It was very quick after you submit details on pr portal. Like in 3-4days landing was complete. Pls ensure the picture you upload meet the criteria and is validated before you hit submit in pr portal. She received her PR card in 3 weeks.

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
It was very quick after you submit details on pr portal. Like in 3-4days landing was complete. Pls ensure the picture you upload meet the criteria and is validated before you hit submit in pr portal. She received her PR card in 3 weeks.
Hi SwSood,

Thanks for responding, can you please help me with some timelines

when did you inform them via webform?
when did you receive your email for confirmation?
when did you receive email with credentials?

Thanks in advance.

scorpiomailin

Dec 14, 2015
my mother is PA, and she is in Canada, my dad is in India and he is dependant on the application. I have asked for virtual landing for my mother, but not sure what would be the process for my Dad, I have heard, my mother has to land first. but what happens after that, i'm not clear.

I am reading really weird timelines on this forum for virtual landing, I still have time to have my mother go back to India, and submit the passport, but not sure if that is feasible now, because they may have placed the application in virtual landing Queue. I am not sure how to proceed from here.

I received PPR request on April 4, what would be rough timelines, any advise?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hi SwSood,

Thanks in advance.
i am in a similar situation. Have you received any further update on how this takes place.
I am the primary applicant and I have completed the landing.

How long after the primary applicant lands will the virtual landing for dependent be completed?

i have sent webforms informing the dependent status within 5 days or receiving the PPR, i have also sent mail n webform informing that I have completed the landing.

@legalfalcon, if you have any advise regarding this would be highly appreciated.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hi SwSood,

Thanks in advance.
I submitted the webform within 5 days of PPR. However the one thing i did in the last webform out of 3 that i submitted was to select "canada as visa office or inside canada office". This way the form will go to canada vo and not india vo. I assume this worked for me.

After 6-7weeks I received email to create portal account and within few days my mother received her eCOPR.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
i am in a similar situation. Have you received any further update on how this takes place.
I am the primary applicant and I have completed the landing.

How long after the primary applicant lands will the virtual landing for dependent be completed?

i have sent webforms informing the dependent status within 5 days or receiving the PPR, i have also sent mail n webform informing that I have completed the landing.

@legalfalcon, if you have any advise regarding this would be highly appreciated.
I submitted the webform within 5 days of PPR. However the one thing i did in the last webform out of 3 that i submitted was to select "canada as visa office or inside canada office". This way the form will go to canada vo and not india vo. I assume this worked for me.

After 6-7weeks I received email to create portal account and within few days my mother received her eCOPR.

Reactions: Titanium

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Did you get any confirmation once the pr card was printed and sent by post?

halifaxg

Sep 28, 2015
my mother is PA, and she is in Canada, my dad is in India and he is dependant on the application. I have asked for virtual landing for my mother, but not sure what would be the process for my Dad, I have heard, my mother has to land first. but what happens after that, i'm not clear.

I am reading really weird timelines on this forum for virtual landing, I still have time to have my mother go back to India, and submit the passport, but not sure if that is feasible now, because they may have placed the application in virtual landing Queue. I am not sure how to proceed from here.

I received PPR request on April 4, what would be rough timelines, any advise?
I am in same boat, my mom who is PA is in Canada and my dad is in India. Could u plz share how it went for you?