+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual landing and language issue

cec_abc

Apr 2, 2013
Hello, I received the email about virtual landing for my wife's mother. I'm the sponsor and also the representative for her since she doesn't speak English. But in the email it was mentioned that on you need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf.

i wonder if anyone can share some idea what are the process on PR portal, and how can I support her as a translator?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hello, I received the email about virtual landing for my wife's mother. I'm the sponsor and also the representative for her since she doesn't speak English. But in the email it was mentioned that on you need to access the portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf.

i wonder if anyone can share some idea what are the process on PR portal, and how can I support her as a translator?
If it does say your representative can't access it on your behalf, then I suggest you let her do it by herself, and you can support her as a translator by standing next to her, explaining any questions that show up, etc.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

cec_abc

Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for the advice!

I wonder if anyone who had experiences on this can share some info, since I believe there are cases with parents who don't speak English or French.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the advice!

I wonder if anyone who had experiences on this can share some info, since I believe there are cases with parents who don't speak English or French.
I did not do, but I don't believe the portal requires video or voice participation. (Different for some parts of citizenship process)