+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

Alexis A

Feb 14, 2021
I had a virtual hearing on the 15th march.
Hearing lasted for 2hours with approximately 1hr break.
Member asked loads of questions and he knew my story. He was satisfied with everything including documents. He requested we submit original documents 4days before the hearing. He got the documents and mailed it out the next day saying he is satisfied with originals.

After the break, he said and I quote " identity not an issue, delay not an issue but I have issue with credibility"
He never requested I clarify anything and my lawyer too. There was no inconsistency or contradiction orally or PIF. He requested no clarification on any particular issue at all.

My lawyer requested he gives a positive decision and he immediately said, we go on 10mins break.

After the break, he asked me when was your son born in canada and when did you claim refugee status; I answered and he said I will make decisions when I review the documents and he said, hearing ended.

Discussed with my lawyer and she was surprised on how he didn't give a decision as there was no hassle.

I'm worried.

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Member asked loads of questions and he knew my story. He was satisfied with everything including documents. He requested we submit original documents 4days before the hearing. He got the documents and mailed it out the next day saying he is satisfied with originals.

After the break, he said and I quote " identity not an issue, delay not an issue but I have issue with credibility"
He never requested I clarify anything and my lawyer too. There was no inconsistency or contradiction orally or PIF. He requested no clarification on any particular issue at all.

My lawyer requested he gives a positive decision and he immediately said, we go on 10mins break.

After the break, he asked me when was your son born in canada and when did you claim refugee status; I answered and he said I will make decisions when I review the documents and he said, hearing ended.

Discussed with my lawyer and she was surprised on how he didn't give a decision as there was no hassle.

I'm worried.
Hey, if he said he has issue with your credibility, that means there is or there are inconsistencies between your narrative and your arguments and or one or more of your documents. Your lawyer should know and should have explained to you during the break or possibly after the hearing.
Nonetheless, it doesn’t mean you will get a negative decision if it’s not something huge.
At this point, all you need is keep calm, pray, be hopeful and try to relax. It will end well.

Alexis A

Feb 14, 2021
Hey, if he said he has issue with your credibility, that means there is or there are inconsistencies between your narrative and your arguments and or one or more of your documents. Your lawyer should know and should have explained to you during the break possibly after the hearing.
Nonetheless, it doesn’t mean you will get a negative decision if it’s not something huge.
At this point, all you need is keep calm, pray, be hopeful and try to relax. It will end well.
I appreciate your reply.
If there were inconsistencies, shouldn't the member give me the chance for clarification? He appeared he accepted everything only to mention credibility.

I'm hopeful and praying.

Thanks Swagzzy.

Majidksa2013

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017

I'm worried.
Same happened with my friend the judge said to my friend she have issue in his credibility and she will send him decision on mail he received the decision after 3 or 4 weeks it was positive so don’t worry just pray
Good luck

Reactions: Alexis A

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019

I'm worried.
Do not worry! Usually members receive claimats' documents or even the whole case a week or two before the hearing date and they need time to cross check your answers during the hearing and your documents. What he said does not mean your narrative is not credible! It means your credibility has not been verified yet. The member will look at your docs and evidence and your statements and then decide. Good news for you is that 2 of 3 issues have been resolved. (Delay and identity). The third one needs to be verified by cross checking. I assure you, you did well at the hearing and you can expect a positive decision in weeks or maximum 2 months.
Good luck and stop worrying!

Reactions: Alexis A

Alexis A

Feb 14, 2021
Same happened with my friend the judge said to my friend she have issue in his credibility and she will send him decision on mail he received the decision after 3 or 4 weeks it was positive so don’t worry just pray
Good luck
Thank you. I appreciate. Your information is helpful.

Alexis A

Feb 14, 2021
Do not worry! Usually members receive claimats' documents or even the whole case a week or two before the hearing date and they need time to cross check your answers during the hearing and your documents. What he said does not mean your narrative is not credible! It means your credibility has not been verified yet. The member will look at your docs and evidence and your statements and then decide. Good news for you is that 2 of 3 issues have been resolved. (Delay and identity). The third one needs to be verified by cross checking. I assure you, you did well at the hearing and you can expect a positive decision in weeks or maximum 2 months.
Good luck and stop worrying!
Thank you very much for the detailed reply. You just relieved a friend. God bless.

Reactions: farsxp

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
I appreciate your reply.
If there were inconsistencies, shouldn't the member give me the chance for clarification? He appeared he accepted everything only to mention credibility.

I'm hopeful and praying.

Thanks Swagzzy.
They are technical and professional. He would have at the point where he would have asked you same questions repeatedly from different perspectives. You may not have noticed and you would have given more than one different answers or arguments to a particular situation.
Nonetheless, just pray and be hopeful if you believe in prayers. There is nothing that can be done at this point than to pray and be hopeful and keep calm.
Like I said. It doesn’t mean the Decision will be negative. Some of them are very considerate and objective.
They always keep straight face. So not worry. And don’t let anxiety take total control of you.
It will end in joy.

Reactions: Yuki.03

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
I got my NOD but unfortunately, it was a negative decision. Plan B activating.
Oooo no! Sorry to hear that! I love how positive you sound. Good luck with next steps. It will definitely work out at the end.

Reactions: Swagzzy

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Oooo no! Sorry to hear that! I love how positive you sound. Good luck with next steps. It will definitely work out at the end.
Amen to your prayers. That’s just the spirit. Worries won’t change anything. I remain positive while I explore every possible legally available routes.

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Amen to your prayers. That’s just the spirit. Worries won’t change anything. I remain positive while I explore every possible legally available routes.
I am so sorry to hear that. What do you think the reason was? Your case or your responses at the hearing? Or the member did not figure out your case well?
There are a few steps you can take but defifnitely get a good lawyer. The one you have as you mentioned is not much helpful. Keep up the good spirit and positivity you have. Good luck

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
I am so sorry to hear that. What do you think the reason was? Your case or your responses at the hearing? Or the member did not figure out your case well?
There are a few steps you can take but defifnitely get a good lawyer. The one you have as you mentioned is not much helpful. Keep up the good spirit and positivity you have. Good luck
In my opinion and having read the decision, I think it’s more of the members. I am still satisfied with my response. If asked Same questions, I will give the response I gave then because I was sincere and direct. She pointed IFA majorly.

I am currently shopping for another lawyer. I want to have this finished and done with by end of this week. I will keep this forum informed.

Zana Ali

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Hi Fars
Do you know good lawyer?