+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual hearing (Any advice)

GAGANJEET SINGH

Feb 21, 2018
Hi Guys ,

i have received a letter from irb that administrative transfer of your file to central region and notice to appear for a virtual hearing for your refugee protection claims

we have claimed the refugee status on dec 2019 in montreal and they transfer our file to Toronto with me and my mother, father
They schedule our hearing on January 2022 ,
Cam guys tell me any advice regarding hearing and why they transfer our file to central region ,
Any advice will be very helpful for me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys ,

i have received a letter from irb that administrative transfer of your file to central region and notice to appear for a virtual hearing for your refugee protection claims

we have claimed the refugee status on dec 2019 in montreal and they transfer our file to Toronto with me and my mother, father
They schedule our hearing on January 2022 ,
Cam guys tell me any advice regarding hearing and why they transfer our file to central region ,
Any advice will be very helpful for me
If it was an administrative transfer, this most likely means they moved your file because the Montreal office has a backlog and Toronto has capacity. They are balancing workloads between their various offices.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any advice for virtual hearing
It is no different than an in person hearing. You will need to go through your application for asylum and answer any questions about the persecution in your home country. You will also need to show that you attempted to relocate within your country and prove there was no safe region for you to move to.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
I have experienced this..

I will share a detailed post regarding virtual hearing and how to prepare for refugee hearing in a week almost.

but for the moment memorize your story from start to end .word by word.literally word by word ..

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Virtual hearing tips and techniques ( as per my experience)

1: memorize your story by each word.
2: Donot forget to memorize dates mentioned in the story.

3: check holidays.off in those days .

4: Always get prepared from any experienced and well reputed story writer .

5: Donot expect your lawyer will help you for case preparation because he will hv just 2/3 sittings with you and I believe questions asked by him/her will be general questions .

6: take a pen and paper and do negative analysis of your story because when memberof refugee board will study ur case he will find your mistakes first .so negative analysis will help you to answer lope holes Of your story .

7: when you memorize your story then switch on your mobile video camera .put it in front of you and make minimum 20 videos of you explaining your story ..
After every recording watch your video carefully and note down what you are explaining wrongly or what you said in a confused way ..

8:your refugee claimant application mean you need protection and back home is not safe so keep it in ur mind that if you llgo back .you will be killed even you move from one city to another ..

9: at the date of hearing take some sweets before hearing ,it will energize you .

10: Donot cry in front of member IRB but if something wrong happened to you in back home then with wet eyes just explain your fear.but Donot cry like kids .

11:you should have at least 100 questions from your story

12 : few things I am unable to share here plz go to YouTube and search how to prepare for refugee hearing in Canada ..

Reactions: jinglebell0123

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
I prepared my case by myself and from story writer and made lot of videos of mine explaining my story .. so at the time of hearing ,member siting infront of me was nothing ..I was the one who know everything and I was convincing member that I am genuine applicant and need protection .

GAGANJEET SINGH

Feb 21, 2018
I prepared my case by myself and from story writer and made lot of videos of mine explaining my story .. so at the time of hearing ,member siting infront of me was nothing ..I was the one who know everything and I was convincing member that I am genuine applicant and need protection .
Can u share story writer contact information