+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Video oath ceremony reschedule

neerkanish23

Apr 17, 2023
Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone has recently requested IRCC to reschedule their virtual Canadian citizenship oath ceremony? if so, how long did that take?
I was scheduled to attend the virtual ceremony on March 13, 2023 but was out of the country at that time. I replied to the email in the notice and they asked me to inform them when I get back to the country, I provided them with my tentative return date in May but now i am coming back in June.

Should i update them with the new return date? Once i return, how long would they take to reschedule the ceremony?

Do they automatically reschedule the ceremony after a weeks or they wait to hear from applicant when they return to schedule it?

Has anyone gone through something similar? please help, thank you!

nbuache

Mar 25, 2023
Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone has recently requested IRCC to reschedule their virtual Canadian citizenship oath ceremony? if so, how long did that take?
I was scheduled to attend the virtual ceremony on March 13, 2023 but was out of the country at that time. I replied to the email in the notice and they asked me to inform them when I get back to the country, I provided them with my tentative return date in May but now i am coming back in June.

Should i update them with the new return date? Once i return, how long would they take to reschedule the ceremony?

Do they automatically reschedule the ceremony after a weeks or they wait to hear from applicant when they return to schedule it?

Has anyone gone through something similar? please help, thank you!

You better have to update them.

Rescheduling can take time... sometimes you can be rescheduled after a couple of weeks, sometimes months. In my case: My family has been rescheduled after 7 months and I'm still waiting for mine after 11 months. We got the first invitation together, but they can split the family.

On the next invitation, they could also decide to send you a final notice to appear. This means if you can't attend, your citizenship request is cancelled and you have to restart from the beginning.

So better have to update them and be sure they don't send you a new invitation for the date you're not in the country.

Reactions: neerkanish23

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Hey! From my experience, I asked to reschedule from a virtual to an in-person ceremony and pretty much got an immediate response from them for a slot in the same month. Since you requested yours to be over a month later, I think they’ll probably send you an updated date closer to when they schedule you. I think it’s best to give them the updated date of your arrival just in case!

Reactions: neerkanish23

neerkanish23

Apr 17, 2023
Hey! From my experience, I asked to reschedule from a virtual to an in-person ceremony and pretty much got an immediate response from them for a slot in the same month. Since you requested yours to be over a month later, I think they’ll probably send you an updated date closer to when they schedule you. I think it’s best to give them the updated date of your arrival just in case!
Hi, yes I emailed them my new arrival date and they responded back saying them same thing to let them know when i am back in the country and show proof. Really hoping to get a date not long after i arrive in the country.
However, with the federal worker strikes going on this may further delay the process right? i saw on the website that citizenship events, etc are impacted due to the labour disruptions.

Reactions: fulton1712