+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Video Editor NOC/title

Nellaquantise

Jan 15, 2018
Spain
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I am applying to immigrate under the Express Entry Skilled Worker program.

I have experience as video editor but I can only find the titles "film editor" or "editor, films" under NOC 5131.

The film editor job description states that:
Film editors edit motion picture film and arrange film segments into sequences to achieve continuity and desired dramatic, comedic and thematic effects"

and that:
A university degree or college diploma in the performing arts, broadcasting, journalism, business administration, theatre production or film studies
and
Experience in a technical or production occupation in motion pictures, broadcasting or theatre are usually required.

I have experience editing (and creating motion graphics, too) for web and broadcasting, my bachelors is in Video Design and my masters is in Moving Image. Is the "film editor" title in my work experience and proof of work experience letter a no-go? Should I put "editor, films"? or "video maker" or even "video illustrator - multimedia work"?

Thank you very much for your time!

Tuan Pham

Jan 17, 2021
Hi Everyone! I'm in the similar situation (I have been working as a video editor in a stock footage company in ALBERTA) . So may I ask which title did you use finally? I hope someone can help me. I really appreciate that. Thank in advance.

hefmc

May 25, 2022
I am video operator on Television, but I don't have video operator degree, at all. Is it possible immigrate to Canada only with work experience?

Briena

Jul 22, 2022
The question is not about that at all. People are interested in what specialty to indicate in the application, and not what video editors to use.

FatimaAdamu

Aug 15, 2023
Regarding your video editing experience, I've got a personal take for you. While the NOC title might seem tailored for film editors, don't let that hold you back. You're not just a film editor; you're a content creator who's done web, broadcasting, and more. Your skills are a unique mix, kinda like a special sauce! If "film editor" feels like a bit of a mismatch, you've got options. You could go with "editor, films," but "video maker" or "video illustrator - multimedia work" could also be closer to the mark. It's like picking the perfect emoji for your text – it's gotta vibe with you. Oh, and speaking of options, have you ever given iMovie for Windows a spin? It's like discovering a new tool that might just complement your awesome skill set.