+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Video calls history

GladiatorAnc

Nov 27, 2020
Hi, I am wondering if I should attach a video call history which provides date and length of calls with my sponsorship documents. I would be about 5-6 pages long.

GladiatorAnc

Nov 27, 2020
I wouldn't include it as it doesn't really prove much of anything.
Wouldn’t it prove that we have been talking almost everyday for the last year? They would see that we’ve been video calling each other for 1-4 hours each time. I don’t see how that would be different then sending chat prints...

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Wouldn’t it prove that we have been talking almost everyday for the last year? They would see that we’ve been video calling each other for 1-4 hours each time. I don’t see how that would be different then sending chat prints...
Hopefully you have more solid proofs of your relationship of course, but anybody can video call anybody else for immigration purposes. Video calling is not considered a very reliable proof of relationship for IRCC at all.

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Make mention of it where you can but don't include that much proof. I mentioned my wife and I speak everyday and have daily Whatsapp video calls for at least an hour a day. They didn't ask for more.

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Hi, I am wondering if I should attach a video call history which provides date and length of calls with my sponsorship documents. I would be about 5-6 pages long.
I have included a screenshot of the total number of video calls (but not a record of every call). That screenshot took a small part of one of the 10 pages we're allowed.

GladiatorAnc

Nov 27, 2020
I have included a screenshot of the total number of video calls (but not a record of every call). That screenshot took a small part of one of the 10 pages we're allowed.
Hopefully you have more solid proofs of your relationship of course, but anybody can video call anybody else for immigration purposes. Video calling is not considered a very reliable proof of relationship for IRCC at all.
Do you know where to get a screenshot of the total calls on WhatsApp? I found a screenshot of the total documents I’ve sent, but can’t find the total calls.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Do you know where to get a screenshot of the total calls on WhatsApp? I found a screenshot of the total documents I’ve sent, but can’t find the total calls.
Only way I know is to open WhatsApp, and go into the Calls tab. There is no way to filter by a single contact as far as I know, so you might need to do some cutting/pasting of screenshots. But, like I said before, if you are now editing screenshots of call logs in an app - that shows you how much something like that can be photoshopped. They won't care about it because they're unable to verify it or to verify that you weren't just leaving the call running to show a relationship for immigration. I would use the space on your 10 pages for something more meaningful, but it's your application.

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Only way I know is to open WhatsApp, and go into the Calls tab. There is no way to filter by a single contact as far as I know, so you might need to do some cutting/pasting of screenshots. But, like I said before, if you are now editing screenshots of call logs in an app - that shows you how much something like that can be photoshopped. They won't care about it because they're unable to verify it or to verify that you weren't just leaving the call running to show a relationship for immigration. I would use the space on your 10 pages for something more meaningful, but it's your application.
Hi, could you plz explain what do you mean by 'they're unable to verify it' ? Are you referring to the calls in particular? I'm asking because I understand that mostly everyone submits logs or screenshots of chats with their appolications as a proof of communications. Won't they care about this?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Hi, could you plz explain what do you mean by 'they're unable to verify it' ? Are you referring to the calls in particular? I'm asking because I understand that mostly everyone submits logs or screenshots of chats with their appolications as a proof of communications. Won't they care about this?
Yes, I was talking about the video calls. They're unable to verify your relationship through logs of video calls because nobody besides the couple in question was present during all of those calls. The couple could just call each other and leave their phones on the table to be able to show it was a long chat and IRCC wouldn't be the wiser. This is why it's not considered strong proof of a relationship.

Reactions: *nn* and YVR123

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
They're unable to verify your relationship through logs of video calls because nobody besides the couple in question was present during all of those calls.
You know you can screenshot a video call in progress right? There will be an in picture screen of the other party speaking...a couple dozen of those and that can be strong proof Mr. Qwertypod.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
You know you can screenshot a video call in progress right? There will be an in picture screen of the other party speaking...a couple dozen of those and that can be strong proof Mr. Qwertypod.
For anyone reading this: this is really bad advice. Do not believe that video chat screenshots constitute valid proof of a relationship.

@Phalos: I can have a video chat with literally anyone and screenshot it. Does that mean that proves I am in a relationship with that person? No. You're obviously here to troll and not to provide useful advice & came here through my post history. I hope you do find better things to do with your time soon, take care hun.

Reactions: captainarabiia

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
For anyone reading this: this is really bad advice. Do not believe that video chat screenshots constitute valid proof of a relationship.

@Phalos: I can have a video chat with literally anyone and screenshot it. Does that mean that proves I am in a relationship with that person? No. You're obviously here to troll and not to provide useful advice & came here through my post history. I hope you do find better things to do with your time soon, take care hun.
well you came on my thread so...I checked you out hun...take care.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I can also make a honeymoon First class airfare to Monaco 5 Star Hotel, with anyone if I finance it and take 10,000 photos, or gather a wedding of 300 stranger guests...the point is to gather as much different kinds of proofs - no 1 proof by itself is 100%.