+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS New York Processing Delays

tayal90

Jan 5, 2021
Hi,
I sent my passport to VFS New York on 12th April 2022 and it reached IRCC on 18th April 2022. After that there is no communication from either IRCC or VFS NY. I even tried calling numerous times but all in vain. I have sent enormous emails to VFS NY and raised webforms to IRCC but no response. It's really unfair from the IRCC side as they are keeping my passport for so long. I am in the USA right now out of my home country without my national identity. I cannot go to India without a passport. How IRCC can keep my original passport with them for so long. I am feeling very insecure.

Is there anyone in this forum whose passport is with IRCC for more than a month for visa stamping and issuing COPR? Please let me know what else can be done in this situation?

Thanks

Reactions: Waris Lamar

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hi,
I sent my passport to VFS New York on 12th April 2022 and it reached IRCC on 18th April 2022. After that there is no communication from either IRCC or VFS NY. I even tried calling numerous times but all in vain. I have sent enormous emails to VFS NY and raised webforms to IRCC but no response. It's really unfair from the IRCC side as they are keeping my passport for so long. I am in the USA right now out of my home country without my national identity. I cannot go to India without a passport. How IRCC can keep my original passport with them for so long. I am feeling very insecure.

Is there anyone in this forum whose passport is with IRCC for more than a month for visa stamping and issuing COPR? Please let me know what else can be done in this situation?

Thanks
Lot of folks are in the same boat as you. There is nothing you or anyone can do except wait. You can try sending web form, VFS or IRCC office will not take calls regarding this.

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Hi,

Thanks
You are not alone. There is a bunch of us here who are endlessly waiting to hear back. I have tried to reach out to IRCC NY (Canadian Consulate) and they said (from what I understood from their reply) that they are waiting for CPC Ottawa to finalize the processing. I have sent a Web Form to CPC Ottawa as well. I will update everyone when I hear back. You can join the discussion in the (now) master thread.

Last edited:

Syed Areeb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Hi,
I am principle applicant and Pakistani National, my dependent is my wife and she is US citizen. After PPR I send my Passport to VFS (Karachi-Pakistan) I got my visa stamped after 8 working days from the date of submission to VFS.
My wife submitted her pictures, PPR letter, bio detailed table and money for VFS NY but didnot get her COPR letter yet, though she dont need any Visa for Canada but as a PR she must have COPR letters.
Its almost a month now as she submitted her above documents and she just got last email that application is under process in IRCC office / VFS.
How much time will NY-VFS take to just send my wife COPR letter?
Please reply me members...

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

Thanks
Hi , if you have received your passport back. Timelines please??

gatenbuono

Jul 13, 2022
Hi,
I sent my passport to VFS New York on 12th April 2022 and it reached IRCC on 18th April 2022. After that there is no communication from either IRCC or VFS NY. I even tried calling numerous times but all in vain. I have sent enormous emails to VFS NY and raised webforms to IRCC but no response. It's really unfair from the IRCC side as they are keeping my passport for so long. I am in the USA right now out of my home country without my national identity. I cannot go to India without a passport. How IRCC can keep my original gmail sign up passport with them for so long. I am feeling very insecure.

Thanks
We're in the same boat...

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
First of all thanks guys for posting your experiences and after seeing the delays i went with LA vfs and got passport back on 07/12. Sent packet on 07/01. But this is for SuperVisa. Applicant got PPR while in USA. applied from India.

hm108

Nov 26, 2018
First of all thanks guys for posting your experiences and after seeing the delays i went with LA vfs and got passport back on 07/12. Sent packet on 07/01. But this is for SuperVisa. Applicant got PPR while in USA. applied from India.
Did you use the 2 way courier service?

Mohann

Jul 2, 2020
Hi

I'm a student in the US and applied for Canada tourist visa. After receiving my passport request, I sent my passport to NY vac on Jan 31st, using fedex including return envelope. I still didn't hear a thing and now I'm too scared after reading this thread. Please suggest what to do in my current situation.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi

I'm a student in the US and applied for Canada tourist visa. After receiving my passport request, I sent my passport to NY vac on Jan 31st, using fedex including return envelope. I still didn't hear a thing and now I'm too scared after reading this thread. Please suggest what to do in my current situation.
Nothing to worry. These were long ago. It would have gotten better now. Keep tracking. Unless you have real emergency to travel right now. You will get your passport back.

Waris Lamar

Mar 7, 2023
Hi,

Thanks
Hi how are you
Can I get your WhatsApp number

cherry1198

Feb 15, 2024
hello, please help.
I sent my passport for visa stamping on 6th Feb 2024 to VFS New York from Dallas, Texas. On the 12th Feb, I got an acknowledgment that VFS received my passport and same day sent it to IRCC and also received it at the IRCC office for stamping.
On the 13th Feb, I received an update that the package was dispatched from IRCC to VFS NYC. After that, there is no update. Scared that my passport got lost or not. what should I do and what delays does anyone else expect as of now?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
hello, please help.
I sent my passport for visa stamping on 6th Feb 2024 to VFS New York from Dallas, Texas. On the 12th Feb, I got an acknowledgment that VFS received my passport and same day sent it to IRCC and also received it at the IRCC office for stamping.
On the 13th Feb, I received an update that the package was dispatched from IRCC to VFS NYC. After that, there is no update. Scared that my passport got lost or not. what should I do and what delays does anyone else expect as of now?
Nothing to worry. Give it sometime, you would get next update probably soon , most probably next week!