+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS London lost my passport

pingping727

May 25, 2020
Hong Kong
Please help...
I received email as below on Tuesday morning:
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xxx has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, London on Tue Nov 29 2022 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Then I expected my passport will return to me within 2 days. But nothing come. Then I email VFS to get the DHL tracking number, they give me a wrong number which shows parcel delivered to another address. It is another person DHL tracking number. (So they also leak out privacy...). I spent full day calling/email VFS and DHL, but clearly now no one know where my passport is.
1) VFS says they are waiting DHL reply the tracking number(I waited full day but no answer...), and even if I don't have the tracking number, I should receive the parcel already, it's been 4 days.
2) DHL express checked their system, there are no parcel coming to my address now. Nothing can help.

So I believe my passport is lost...:mad:
I got a flight on Sunday, tickets and hotels booked already, and it is all wasted......

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Please help...
I received email as below on Tuesday morning:
The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xxx has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Canada Visa Application Centre, London on Tue Nov 29 2022 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Then I expected my passport will return to me within 2 days. But nothing come. Then I email VFS to get the DHL tracking number, they give me a wrong number which shows parcel delivered to another address. It is another person DHL tracking number. (So they also leak out privacy...). I spent full day calling/email VFS and DHL, but clearly now no one know where my passport is.
1) VFS says they are waiting DHL reply the tracking number(I waited full day but no answer...), and even if I don't have the tracking number, I should receive the parcel already, it's been 4 days.
2) DHL express checked their system, there are no parcel coming to my address now. Nothing can help.

So I believe my passport is lost...:mad:
I got a flight on Sunday, tickets and hotels booked already, and it is all wasted......
There was a postage strike on 30th and 1st - maybe something to do with that? I know it's DHL and not royail mail but maybe?

pingping727

May 25, 2020
Hong Kong
There was a postage strike on 30th and 1st - maybe something to do with that? I know it's DHL and not royail mail but maybe?
Nope. the wrong number they gave me, I checked on DHL, it's parcel sent from VFS london to Oxford, same day on 29 Nov and received on 30 Nov.

pingping727

May 25, 2020
Hong Kong
Updates:
Last friday I sent an complaint email to both Embassy of Canada in London and VFS, concerning my passport is lost. I believe the embassy did put pressure on VFS. Embassy reply me today (Monday morning), says VFS advised them the passport is on the way mailing to me. Soon VFS also send me an email, says the passport is still at VFS London, because DHL didn't pick it up on Friday, ask me if I would come take it in person or courier. I live up north Manchester and I already paid for the courier fee, so I reply them courier via DHL. They also gave me the tracking number in 30 minutes (didn't know they do quick response, WOW). Hopefully get my passport tomorrow.

So the whole thing I believe, is VFS fault. IRCC gave my passport to them on Monday. They lied to me that my passport is couriered on Tuesday morning. When I called them on Wednesday morning ask for DHL tracking reference, the staff ask me to wait. I called them again on Thursday morning, the staff told me must email them for DHL tracking reference, and it took 1 full day for them to response email. On Friday morning I got a wrong DHL tracking reference, freaks me out because it shows parcel delivered to another address. They blame it on DHL, told me that DHL gave them this tracking ID. On next Monday morning, finally told me that passport never sent out. And they still blame it on DHL not picking it up.

Lost more than £500 cancelling my flight tickets and hotels. Of course I understand VFS does not responsible for my travel plan. But it is an unnecessary lost if VFS didn't make mistake on sending my passport.:(