+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS India - Passport submission for family?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can anyone please confirm process of passport submission at VFS India after getting PPR (expecting soon). I have below queries:

1. Do we need to schedule an appointment?
2. What docs I need to submit apart from PPR, passports & photos (with photographer details)?
3. Will I be allowed to submit passports on behalf of my spouse & kids? If so, will separate VFS consent forms be required?
4. Will I or my spouse be allowed to collect back passports once stamped?

Thank you in advance.

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Hi,

Can anyone please confirm process of passport submission at VFS India after getting PPR (expecting soon). I have below queries:

1. Do we need to schedule an appointment? - No, but try & go as early as possible. It'll be done in less than 30min. Just make sure you have the required fee in cash only.
2. What docs I need to submit apart from PPR, passports & photos (with photographer details)? - passport copy
3. Will I be allowed to submit passports on behalf of my spouse & kids? If so, will separate VFS consent forms be required? - yes, you are allowed, each passport should have a copy of PPR letter.The vfs form will have all the details (passport no., name)
- you will need to carry a transaction slip that you will receive when you submit your passport. Also carry an authority letter signed by your spouse for collecting the passport. ( I chose the courier option)
Thank you in advance.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi,

1. Do we need to schedule an appointment?
2. What docs I need to submit apart from PPR, passports & photos (with photographer details)?
3. Will I be allowed to submit passports on behalf of my spouse & kids? If so, will separate VFS consent forms be required?

Thank you in advance.
1. No
2. Nothing
3. Yes
4. Yes

Remember the fees - if you opt for tracking and courier generally comes to 1k per person.

Reactions: DIbraheem

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks friends. I also received below info on a whatsapp group. Posting here for others to refer:

Sharing as received

1. Take a printout of the PPR letter.
2. Get your photographs (2 ) as per the specifications mentioned in the described link in PPR letter.( One photograph per each applicant needs on it - the Full Name of the applicant , DOB , Photographer’s Name and address : either stamped or handwritten).
3. Get your original Passports ready. (Though for Visa stamping you need two blank pages in your valid passport, yet if you want to submit old passport as well, do take it along. Both your passports will be sealed in a single envelope & sent to New Delhi Visa Office). Take two photocopies of bio pages of your valid passport along.
4. Take 1000 rupees cash per applicant to VFS. No other mode of payment is allowed.
Note : Some VFS centres have the photograph & photocopy facility inside, but not all. So better be prepared accordingly before heading to VFS.
Now, the VFS Canada ( Visa Facilitation Services) Address. Follow the link below to know the VFS Canada Centre near to your location :
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/contact_us.html.
Please note the timings for passport submission on respective centre & reach accordingly. Any one applicant among the approved ones under the PR application can submit the passports for all. Those who are not a part of the application will not be allowed inside VFS.

Procedure Inside VFS
1. At the entry door, your valid passport needs to be shown for identification purpose.
2. Next, your documents folder is checked & you should not carry CD / DVD / tape any such thing inside. A token is allotted & then you asked to proceed ahead.
3. Now, you are in a zone where HD cameras are monitoring all your activities. Applicants are asked to sit & wait for their turn.
4. An LED screen in front displays the token number & accordingly you proceed to the respective counter.
5. At the counter, you submit the token & documents. You are required to fill in a form with the address & contact details where you expect the stamped passports to be delivered.
6. The bill mentioning charges including VFS logistics & courier service is issued (INR 980 per passport. If an applicant submits both old and new passport for stamping, charges remain INR 980 only).
7. All documents are then placed in a file mentioning ‘PR with Passport’ and returned to you.
8. Next, you move to the Cash counter , pay the amount & take receipt.
9. Finally, you submit the file & cash receipt to the counter. They place your Passport in a brown VFS Envelope, stick the barcode on it, etc etc…(their internal procedures, nothing for us to be bothered).
10. A final receipt is issued which mentions your Passport tracking number and courier reference number. Please check your name spellings & address once again before moving away.

After submission at VFS.
Once out, you can track your passport using the following link :
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/track_your_application.html
The link will display all the stages from local VFS Centre to VFS Centre New Delhi , then to NDVO , processing at NDVO , from NDVO back to VFS Delhi , & from VFS Delhi to local VFS Centre.
After that, you need to refer courier website for shipment. Reference number mentioned in the receipt is used for tracking. You get a message on cell phone when it is dispatched from local VFS, so you know which courier company’s site to refer.

When Passports are delivered :
At the time of receiving passports, please check the passport number & other important details on Visa. In case of any discrepancies, contact VFS immediately.

KedarG

May 15, 2017
Can somebody tell me if the consent form has to filled by typing in or it is ok to fill it by pen. The field 'Name' has a note (printed) next to it. Does that mean it has to be typed in before printing the form or it can be handwritten.

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
just came back from VFS to submit my passport along with wife's and two children's (minors). i can update accordingly for everyone's reference/benefit.

documents submitted:
1. passports
2. single copy of letter- not one per applicant
3. photos

i had taken 4 copies for 4 applicants and they returned them. VFS consent letter was also returned as he said i've applied online.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/how_to_apply.html#temporary_documents
from above link, contact information was not asked for.

fees:
599.00 service fee
373.00 courier fee
above charges are per person.
i was charged 3888.00 for all 4 applicants with courier service. no sms tracking taken.

Last edited:

Vinit Hundare

Jul 2, 2017
Pune
Category........
FSW
just came back from VFS to submit my passport along with wife's and two children's (minors). i can update accordingly for everyone's reference/benefit.

documents submitted:
1. passports
2. single copy of letter- not one per applicant
3. photos

i had taken 4 copies for 4 applicants and they returned them. VFS consent letter was also returned as he said i've applied online.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/how_to_apply.html#temporary_documents
from above link, contact information was not asked for.

fees:
599.00 service fee
373.00 courier fee
above charges are per person.
i was charged 3888.00 for all 4 applicants with courier service. no sms tracking taken.
Hi,

I got my CPCO final request on 23rd March 2018. Apart from the documents you mentioned above, do we need to fill in any form online before visiting VFS? I tried searching for forms but its too confusing. They mentioned we need to take 2 copies of form pages which has barcode mentioned on it. Am I reading for some other type of application?

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
NO

Hi,

I got my CPCO final request on 23rd March 2018. Apart from the documents you mentioned above, do we need to fill in any form online before visiting VFS? I tried searching for forms but its too confusing. They mentioned we need to take 2 copies of form pages which has barcode mentioned on it. Am I reading for some other type of application?
O

kdb2018

Nov 26, 2018
Hi all. I have one question. Can only primary applicant submit the passports at vfs? Or can dependent submit the passports. My wife is primary and she is not in position to travel so I wanted to submit the passports.
Hi can you please tell how you completed the process?

anandekraj

Jun 6, 2018
Hi all. I have one question. Can only primary applicant submit the passports at vfs? Or can dependent submit the passports. My wife is primary and she is not in position to travel so I wanted to submit the passports.
could you please tell me what you did in your situation , as a dependent what need to be filled in consent form

SOWP1923

Jul 31, 2019
Hello i have got the Passport Submission Request letter for Open work Permit but my two kids one is 10months old and other is 6years old visitors application did not receive passport submission request.
I am confused and worried, what should i do ....should i submitt only my PP or wait untill my kids get PP Submission request?

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Thanks friends. I also received below info on a whatsapp group. Posting here for others to refer:

Sharing as received

1. Take a printout of the PPR letter.
2. Get your photographs (2 ) as per the specifications mentioned in the described link in PPR letter.( One photograph per each applicant needs on it - the Full Name of the applicant , DOB , Photographer’s Name and address : either stamped or handwritten).
3. Get your original Passports ready. (Though for Visa stamping you need two blank pages in your valid passport, yet if you want to submit old passport as well, do take it along. Both your passports will be sealed in a single envelope & sent to New Delhi Visa Office). Take two photocopies of bio pages of your valid passport along.
4. Take 1000 rupees cash per applicant to VFS. No other mode of payment is allowed.
Note : Some VFS centres have the photograph & photocopy facility inside, but not all. So better be prepared accordingly before heading to VFS.
Now, the VFS Canada ( Visa Facilitation Services) Address. Follow the link below to know the VFS Canada Centre near to your location :
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/contact_us.html.
Please note the timings for passport submission on respective centre & reach accordingly. Any one applicant among the approved ones under the PR application can submit the passports for all. Those who are not a part of the application will not be allowed inside VFS.

Procedure Inside VFS
1. At the entry door, your valid passport needs to be shown for identification purpose.
2. Next, your documents folder is checked & you should not carry CD / DVD / tape any such thing inside. A token is allotted & then you asked to proceed ahead.
3. Now, you are in a zone where HD cameras are monitoring all your activities. Applicants are asked to sit & wait for their turn.
4. An LED screen in front displays the token number & accordingly you proceed to the respective counter.
5. At the counter, you submit the token & documents. You are required to fill in a form with the address & contact details where you expect the stamped passports to be delivered.
6. The bill mentioning charges including VFS logistics & courier service is issued (INR 980 per passport. If an applicant submits both old and new passport for stamping, charges remain INR 980 only).
7. All documents are then placed in a file mentioning ‘PR with Passport’ and returned to you.
8. Next, you move to the Cash counter , pay the amount & take receipt.
9. Finally, you submit the file & cash receipt to the counter. They place your Passport in a brown VFS Envelope, stick the barcode on it, etc etc…(their internal procedures, nothing for us to be bothered).
10. A final receipt is issued which mentions your Passport tracking number and courier reference number. Please check your name spellings & address once again before moving away.

After submission at VFS.
Once out, you can track your passport using the following link :
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/track_your_application.html
The link will display all the stages from local VFS Centre to VFS Centre New Delhi , then to NDVO , processing at NDVO , from NDVO back to VFS Delhi , & from VFS Delhi to local VFS Centre.
After that, you need to refer courier website for shipment. Reference number mentioned in the receipt is used for tracking. You get a message on cell phone when it is dispatched from local VFS, so you know which courier company’s site to refer.

When Passports are delivered :
At the time of receiving passports, please check the passport number & other important details on Visa. In case of any discrepancies, contact VFS immediately.
Thanks a lot for useful info.We van also collect the passports directly from vfs ?So what do we need to show them if when we go to collect the passport?Do you think courier service would be reliable.My vfs center is at a distance of 1.5 hr .Shall I collect or opt for courier?Suggestion is most welcome.