+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VFS Fee for COPR?

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi All, I am very confused so I would sincerely appreciate it if someone could clarify this based on their experience.

I am submitting my passport to the London visa office following a PPR. We have paid the residence fee, and I am submitting the receipt along with the document package. We have also paid the courier fee. Biometrics was done in London, so there is no package transmission fee. Generally, there is nothing on the list of service charges of VFS that seems applicable to us https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/can/apply-visa
Is there another payment that needs to be made before I submit the passport (passport handling fee of some sort?)? There is nothing about any payments in the RFV, and when I called the office they could not tell me if there was one. I called twice but got the same person on the phone both times, so this was unhelpful.

I could not find anything on the website, but maybe I am missing something?

Could someone (maybe someone who did this recently) please tell me if there is a VFS fee that needs to be paid when submitting the passport for COPR?

Much appreciated.

edhall_21

Jan 1, 2020
Hi, I see you got your COPR now. I am now in a similar situation, please could you explain how you packaged and paid for your submission?

Theres seems to be a lot of information about courier fees and pre-paid envelopes on forums but my PPR letter simply says to submit photos & VAC Passport Transmission fee.

Also, do you pay this fee upfront and just include evidence of payment in the package?

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi, I see you got your COPR now. I am now in a similar situation, please could you explain how you packaged and paid for your submission?

Theres seems to be a lot of information about courier fees and pre-paid envelopes on forums but my PPR letter simply says to submit photos & VAC Passport Transmission fee.

Also, do you pay this fee upfront and just include evidence of payment in the package?
Hey. I think it depends a lot on the visa office, so I would suggest that you find a relevant thread in the other forum (I spoke to people in the Family Sponsorship thread).

My paperwork went through the London office, but as I wasn't in the UK at the time of passport submission, I paid for the courier service to deliver the passport to the UK VAC (did it on DHL's website, not on the VFS website).
I paid a transmission fee and a return courier fee (within the UK, delivery to my home address) on VFS website, and provided them the confirmation.
Photos that you attach have to have the address of the photographer, their name, and if I remember correctly - your personal details written in the back (this information should be in the instruction letter).
I hope this helps.

ammeg2014

Dec 27, 2018
Hi all, does anyone know how much the 'passport transmission fee' is? We are confused about how much we should pay. It's for the London office so we are just sending passport scans, not actual passport. Do we need to pay a fee for return or one way courier?