+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERY WIERD REQUEST FROM IRCC -- Please Help

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have received a very wierd request from IRCC. There is a Request letter that has popped in my portal asking for my dependent child to be added to my profile. I dont have a child! Not quite sure how to go about this.

Some context and background: I am a FSW in the post AOR stage (I had recently added my spouse post marriage to my application). In all the forms asking for details of children I had explicitly written Not Applicable; I am wondering if the system read Not Applicable as the name of 'my child' ?

This has seriously put me in worry as I am worried this may further delay/complicate the application and I am in the AOR stage since Feb'21.

@legalfalcon : Can you share your insights here?

Anyone else who has received irrelevant requests from IRCC? how did you handle those and what was the outcome?

The letter text is on the lines of "After reviewing the information you provided in your application, it appears that you have a dependent child to include in your application for Permanent Residence. Please ensure that all of your and your partner’s dependent children..............."

paneka penalty

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have received a very wierd request from IRCC. There is a Request letter that has popped in my portal asking for my dependent child to be added to my profile. I dont have a child! Not quite sure how to go about this.

Some context and background: I am a FSW in the post AOR stage (I had recently added my spouse post marriage to my application). In all the forms asking for details of children I had explicitly written Not Applicable; I am wondering if the system read Not Applicable as the name of 'my child' ?

This has seriously put me in worry as I am worried this may further delay/complicate the application and I am in the AOR stage since Feb'21.

Anyone else who has received irrelevant requests from IRCC? how did you handle those and what was the outcome?

The letter text is on the lines of "After reviewing the information you provided in your application, it appears that you have a dependent child to include in your application for Permanent Residence. Please ensure that all of your and your partner’s dependent children..............."
In my opinion, send a webform to IRCC and tell them you do not have any children.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello everyone,

You just reply in webform

“ I have no dependant children to add “

D

Deleted member 994371

@stirredo : Do you have any insights on this?

Sorry mate. First time I have come across something like this.

I have replied in the other thread but send the web form first and then keep calling them until you get through.

IRCC is a mess but you better get used to this. When you do make it to Canada, you will notice that every federal service offered by the government is slow and messy. But luckily, you will only have to face them in the beginning and after that you won't need them much.

Reactions: paneka penalty