feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
STATUS CHANGED TO DECISION MADE ON JULY 1ST
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
Hi guys,

PLease suggest me . I am applying for canadian citizenship after completing 1095 days in Aug 2013 .

After that i will be moving to USA on work permit H1B . I am planning to come to canada on my test date
and oath date .

Would that be a problem?

My intention is work in USA for a while since my salary is more .I will be planning to come back to canada.

Kindly suggest.....................

Thanks,
Pradeep.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
Hi guys,

PLease suggest me . I am applying for canadian citizenship after completing 1095 days in Aug 2013 .

After that i will be moving to USA on work permit H1B . I am planning to come to canada on my test date
and oath date .

Would that be a problem?

My intention is work in USA for a while since my salary is more .I will be planning to come back to canada.

Kindly suggest.....................

Thanks,
Pradeep.
It can create an issue and you might end up receiving RQ.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
Mary Chad said:
It can create an issue and you might end up receiving RQ.

I have landed in canada on July 21 2010 . So counting the days i will be eligible to apply in Aug 2013.

My work permit in USA starts in Oct 2013 .I will be applying for citizenship in Aug 2013.

Now i have met the residancy obligation and .Why would i get RQ ? Technically i stayed 3 years out of 3 years during my application to CIC.

I have good opportunity to work on a good project why should i have the RQ? More over my current project in canada in IT field is ending and i do not want to get back to the field that i do not want to work.

i would be returning back to canada once my project ends and take canadian citizenship test and oath.

I do not understand why they would RQ? I am not going away during my first 3 years correct?

Thanks,
Pradeep.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
I have landed in canada on July 21 2010 . So counting the days i will be eligible to apply in Aug 2013.

My work permit in USA starts in Oct 2013 .I will be applying for citizenship in Aug 2013.

Now i have met the residancy obligation and .Why would i get RQ ? Technically i stayed 3 years out of 3 years during my application to CIC.

I have good opportunity to work on a good project why should i have the RQ? More over my current project in canada in IT field is ending and i do not want to get back to the field that i do not want to work.

i would be returning back to canada once my project ends and take canadian citizenship test and oath.

I do not understand why they would RQ? I am not going away during my first 3 years correct?

Thanks,
Pradeep.
Because when you will go for an interview (after an year or 2 of application) it will be hard to satisfy the officer that you have
intentions to settle down in Canada, Remember majority receiving RQ's these days has 1095+ days...

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
Mary Chad said:
Because when you will go for an interview (after an year or 2 of application) it will be hard to satisfy the officer that you have
intentions to settle down in Canada, Remember majority receiving RQ's these days has 1095+ days...

I will be having RRSP contribution for 10k here in canada .Will that not prove that i want to settle down in canada?
Should i be hostage waiting for 2 years(since its taking that time now ) until canadian citizenship?
Should i not look for better job opportunities and better paid jobs elsewhere ???

Thanks,
Pradeep.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pradeep it's your choice, was just telling you what's happening these days,I am stuck on Jr. position(with senior experience) in my company just because of the fact that Sr position requires me to have security clearance & Citizenship, i waited more than 2 years in Citizenship process and now issued RQ where i have been asked to wait for another 48 months,i hope it's lesser than that but yes so far that's what Cic quoting. So total process can take some where from 2-6 years.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
I will be having RRSP contribution for 10k here in canada .Will that not prove that i want to settle down in canada?
Should i be hostage waiting for 2 years(since its taking that time now ) until canadian citizenship?
Should i not look for better job opportunities and better paid jobs elsewhere ???

Thanks,
Pradeep.
Sorry no offence but 10K is pocket change to CIC..if they gave Citizenship on the basis of 10K RRSPs there would be a line up to the south pole with triple that money.

Your strategy could work but you need to make sure:

1. Your address is reliable for receiving mail from CIC which can be at short notice.

2. You retain your PR status until oath date. Current citizenship processing time is quoted as 21 months for a routine application so its getting more difficult to maintain PR if you leave Canada for lengthy periods soon after filing for citizenship. This risk intensifies if you get RQ'd as it increases processing times.

You may get RQd at any stage of the process including when you return for the test and the citizenship officer decides to verify your details...it doesn't matter that you already had 1095 days CIC can still RQ you. You may consider this unfair as it introduces a 'deserving of citizenship' aspect instead of the legal 'qualifies for citizenship criteria but its happening to applicants.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Sorry no offence but 10K is pocket change to CIC..if they gave Citizenship on the basis of 10K RRSPs there would be a line up to the south pole with triple that money.

Your strategy could work but you need to make sure:

1. Your address is reliable for receiving mail from CIC which can be at short notice.

2. You retain your PR status until oath date. Current citizenship processing time is quoted as 21 months for a routine application so its getting more difficult to maintain PR if you leave Canada for lengthy periods soon after filing for citizenship. This risk intensifies if you get RQ'd as it increases processing times.

You may get RQd at any stage of the process including when you return for the test and the citizenship officer decides to verify your details...it doesn't matter that you already had 1095 days CIC can still RQ you. You may consider this unfair as it introduces a 'deserving of citizenship' aspect instead of the legal 'qualifies for citizenship criteria but its happening to applicants.
Well put Msafiri...totally agree

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Pradeep,

Do you have any H1 visa stamped in your passport now?

I have expired/cancelled H1 visa stamps in my passport and never traveled to USA after moving to Canada, but still officer gave me RQ in 2011. I am still waiting for the response As per CIC it will take 4 years to process RQ applications.

Thanks,
IBM

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IBM said:
Pradeep,

I have expired/cancelled H1 visa stamps in my passport and never traveled to USA after moving to Canada, but still officer gave me RQ in 2011. I am still waiting for the response As per CIC it will take 4 years to process RQ applications.

Thanks,
IBM
Same as i mine i had expired H1B got RQ after 2 years of processing now another 4 years wait..

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know about others but in my case, I immigrated to USA in May, 2012 right after I apply for my Canadian citizenship. I came back to Canada when I had my test on late Jan. Just had my oath on March 11 and now a proud Canadian. I received no RQ. During my interview the officer asked me what type of visa is CR1 and I replied to her it's an immigrant visa to USA as my husband is American. She asked me when did you get your visa and checked the date herself and told me,' so you immigrate after you applied?' I replied positive. She took a photocopy of my USA immigrant visa and told me if the judge approve, I will receive an Oath date. Now I'm a proud Canadian, back to states.

My case was very smooth. If CIC can give me Canadian citizenship even though I'm a PR in USA why not you? But I agree with others. You might get RQ. Never no what's going to happen but if you are really eager to do it it's up to you as it worked for me. Good Luck....

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
IBM said:
Pradeep,

Thanks,
IBM

No i do not have H1B stamped now . But expecting to get stamped this year . Seeing this forum i am so tensed that now situation is such that i should forget working in USA on H1B as i want Canadian citizenship.

But still not sure when we would get canadian citizenship.Worst that Canada is delaying the process.

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
Mary Chad said:
Well put Msafiri...totally agree
Ok guys i am seriously thinking not to step in to USA until i get my passport .But waiting another 2 years is so painful given i do not get any RQ.
i have travelled to USA for about 7 times in a total of 9 days and i do have proofs for these.
I am assuming that even after submitting the proofs they do not send me an RQ.

crocdile

Nov 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkakula said:
Ok guys i am seriously thinking not to step in to USA until i get my passport .But waiting another 2 years is so painful given i do not get any RQ.
i have travelled to USA for about 7 times in a total of 9 days and i do have proofs for these.
I am assuming that even after submitting the proofs they do not send me an RQ.
Life is not black or white at all my friend. Who even told you that you will get it after 2 years? It might be 6 years or most unlikely less than a year.

You need to be active:

1- Go sign this petition: change.org/en-CA/petitions/minister-kenney-solve-the-4-year-delay-citizenship-applications-in-the-gta-suffer

2- Create a twitter account and post about RQ

pkakula

Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 2009
AOR Received.
nov 2nd 2009
File Transfer...
sep 9th 2009
Med's Request
feb 01 2010
Med's Done....
feb 8th 2010
Passport Req..
feb 1st 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july 21st 2010.
crocdile said:
Life is not black or white at all my friend. Who even told you that you will get it after 2 years? It might be 6 years or most unlikely less than a year.

You need to be active:

1- Go sign this petition: change.org/en-CA/petitions/minister-kenney-solve-the-4-year-delay-citizenship-applications-in-the-gta-suffer

2- Create a twitter account and post about RQ
I did create a twitter account before i am seeing lot os tweets against kenny these days !!!!