+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[VERY URGENT] - Travelling to Canada

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
Hello,
I am trying to check-in for my flight to Toronto now. I'm travelling as international student. It's with Lufthansa airline, but it keeps giving me :
Until 21 May 2021, passengers are not allowed to enter.

How?????????????? I'm not from India or Pakistan.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,
I am trying to check-in for my flight to Toronto now. I'm travelling as international student. It's with Lufthansa airline, but it keeps giving me :
Until 21 May 2021, passengers are not allowed to enter.

How?????????????? I'm not from India or Pakistan.
from which country are you boarding your flight?

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
You may want to read below link from Lufthansa Airlines and it does not mention International Students are exempted Until May 21st;

https://lufthansa.travel-regulations.com/route-info?origin=CAI&destination=YYZ&search-enabled=true
- passengers who are asymptomatic for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and travel for a non-optional or non-discretionary purpose. They must comply with the requirement to quarantine based on their purpose of travel and intended length of stay if required;
Non-optional and non-discretionary purpose: International students situation.
Anyway, I called the customer service, they told me it's fine I can travel and I should check-in in the airport to show all my papers. That's a big relief.
Thanks bro for you trying to help

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
- passengers who are asymptomatic for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and travel for a non-optional or non-discretionary purpose. They must comply with the requirement to quarantine based on their purpose of travel and intended length of stay if required;
Non-optional and non-discretionary purpose: International students situation.
Anyway, I called the customer service, they told me it's fine I can travel and I should check-in in the airport to show all my papers. That's a big relief.
Thanks bro for you trying to help
Couldn't see that on number 4 under General Travel Regulations, but as long as you spoke with the airlines and you are cleared, that's a big relief. keep us posted when you get your boarding pass...safe travel, and quarantine on arrival

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
Couldn't see that on number 4 under General Travel Regulations, but as long as you spoke with the airlines and you are cleared, that's a big relief. keep us posted when you get your boarding pass...safe travel, and quarantine on arrival
2. Until 21 May 2021, passengers are not allowed to enter.
-This does not apply to:
- nationals of Canada;
- permanent residents of Canada;
- passengers who are asymptomatic for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and travel for a non-optional or non-discretionary purpose.
And by checking here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit/travel.html#sec1.3

International students can considered as non-discretionary purpose of travel