+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very Urgent regarding Proof of funds at Landing

PreetK

Aug 21, 2015
Dear Seniors,

I just booked my tickets with return as I be there for short landing

Now could u please advise as a proof of fund at the time of landing, Is it mandatory to make the TC , Draft in Canadian Dollars ?

and What I I show them my current saving account statement ?

or Bank draft in my home currency ? ( if it is fine ? )

Please advise ASAP as I flight is on this Saturday

Mid_Prince

May 8, 2015
Hello PreetK,

You might want to take cash that wont exceed $10,000CAD or its equivalent in other currency
But if you do, you will have to notify Customs/Immigration that you have more than $10,000CAD or its equivalent in other currency.
If you don't have up to these amounts, you might want to take the cash available to you, and also print out your bank statement as proof that you have Proof Of Funds that can be transferred to you in Canada when you want.

Hope this helps?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys, why is that nobody seems to utilize the option of opening a Canadian bank account from their own countries? I hope you all know it is possible. This is what they offer.

Why should I choose Scotiabank?

Scotiabank is the third largest bank in Canada, and among the 25 largest and soundest banks in the world1 with a strong and growing foundation.
We provide our customers convenient banking services through more than 1,100 branches and over 3,900 automated banking machines (ABMs) across Canada.
Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia.
Scotiabank's team of more than 86,000 employees reflect the diversity of the communities where the Bank operates, and the Bank continues to actively recruit and welcome employees from communities across Canada

Why open an account before arriving in Canada?

By opening a Canadian bank account in your home country, you can easily provide Canadian authorities with proof of funds upon landing
You are able to transfer up to CAD $50,000 into your Scotiabank account before you arrive in Canada2
Once in Canada, simply visit a Scotiabank branch to activate your account and speak with a Scotiabank advisor who will recommend products to meet your immediate and long-term financial needs

Please note that this program is available in select countries only.

Check out the link below for more information.

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,4285,00.html

Scotia Bank is one of the popular banks in Canada. You can open a Canadian bank account from your home country and Why doesn't anybody seem to use this option?

EA-one

Sep 10, 2015
Thanks for this. I think it's because the number of countries from which you can use it is very few. I live in Nigeria and I'd have loved to use option since it would really be convenient. Hopefully they'll expand the list someday so more people can take advantage of it.

rockpeace

Mar 27, 2015
Guys, why is that nobody seems to utilize the option of opening a Canadian bank account from their own countries? I hope you all know it is possible. This is what they offer.

Why should I choose Scotiabank?

Scotiabank is the third largest bank in Canada, and among the 25 largest and soundest banks in the world1 with a strong and growing foundation.
We provide our customers convenient banking services through more than 1,100 branches and over 3,900 automated banking machines (ABMs) across Canada.
Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia.
Scotiabank's team of more than 86,000 employees reflect the diversity of the communities where the Bank operates, and the Bank continues to actively recruit and welcome employees from communities across Canada

Why open an account before arriving in Canada?

By opening a Canadian bank account in your home country, you can easily provide Canadian authorities with proof of funds upon landing
You are able to transfer up to CAD $50,000 into your Scotiabank account before you arrive in Canada2
Once in Canada, simply visit a Scotiabank branch to activate your account and speak with a Scotiabank advisor who will recommend products to meet your immediate and long-term financial needs

Please note that this program is available in select countries only.

Check out the link below for more information.

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,4285,00.html

Scotia Bank is one of the popular banks in Canada. You can open a Canadian bank account from your home country and Why doesn't anybody seem to use this option?
Hey i am under the process of opening Scotia account, can you please share regarding your experience with scotia bank and its proof of funds documents during landing ?