+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very urgent... Regarding biometric appointment

Meenal@123

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
I applied online under sds today and paid my biometric fee also.. Now can I book the nearest biometric appointment available now or I have to wait for biometric instruction letter to be received first. Is there anything like you can't book before getting the request from ircc or can book. I am in hurry coz getting an empty slot after 5 days... If I miss I will have to wait for many days for the next available appointment. Thanks in advance

notjonsnow

May 13, 2019
You can book appointment without the biometric instruction letter. Ofcourse, you need the letter itself when you go for the biometrics submission. The biometric instruction letter comes the next day after you submit your application, atleast majority of the cases.
My case:
Submitted application on the 18th June
Booked appointment for 20th June with VFS on the 18th (right after I submitted application)
Biometric Instruction Letter received on 19th June (Midnight IST)

I really dont think the letter will come after 5 days, so you might as well book an appointment if there are limited slots.

Good Luck :)

Meenal@123

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
You can book appointment without the biometric instruction letter. Ofcourse, you need the letter itself when you go for the biometrics submission. The biometric instruction letter comes the next day after you submit your application, atleast majority of the cases.
My case:
Submitted application on the 18th June
Booked appointment for 20th June with VFS on the 18th (right after I submitted application)
Biometric Instruction Letter received on 19th June (Midnight IST)

I really dont think the letter will come after 5 days, so you might as well book an appointment if there are limited slots.

Good Luck :)
Thanks a lot dear... Booked one... Thanks for your kind suggestion.

Reactions: notjonsnow

Rg65

Jun 29, 2019
I applied online under sds today and paid my biometric fee also.. Now can I book the nearest biometric appointment available now or I have to wait for biometric instruction letter to be received first. Is there anything like you can't book before getting the request from ircc or can book. I am in hurry coz getting an empty slot after 5 days... If I miss I will have to wait for many days for the next available appointment. Thanks in advance
In my case i received instruction letter after 3 days and other person is still waiting after 10 days to receive the letter. So if you did not receive the letter just reschedule it to next available date.