+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very urgent: Please help

Kiru1608

Jan 11, 2016
Hi,

I am about to apply for Canadian federal skilled worker express entry program. But I have a doubt regarding my work experience.

I was working from January 12, 2015 to Nov 06, 2015 with a company as Financial analyst. I was a contingent worker with my previous employer. Meanwhile, I got another job offer which is a permanent role while I was working and switched over to my present employer since November 16, 2015 and working here till date.

Over the period my designation has never changed. I have been working as Financial analyst since the start of my career.

I understand that Canadian visa requirement is at least a year of full time or part time "continuous" employment.

In this case, will I fulfill the above stated condition of FSW program? Please help me. I am totally confused.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Kiru1608 said:
Hi,

I am about to apply for Canadian federal skilled worker express entry program. But I have a doubt regarding my work experience.

I was working from January 12, 2015 to Nov 06, 2015 with a company as Financial analyst. I was a contingent worker with my previous employer. Meanwhile, I got another job offer which is a permanent role while I was working and switched over to my present employer since November 16, 2015 and working here till date.

Over the period my designation has never changed. I have been working as Financial analyst since the start of my career.

I understand that Canadian visa requirement is at least a year of full time or part time "continuous" employment.

In this case, will I fulfill the above stated condition of FSW program? Please help me. I am totally confused.
NO.

For FSW, you need atleast 1 year continous full-time experience in single NOC.

Kiru1608

Jan 11, 2016
Does "continuous" means a full time employment in the same occupation or a job without any breaks or gaps in between?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rafzy said:
Wrong...

The below script is taken from CIC's 'OP 6 Federal Skilled Worker' Manual (Pdf...File Name is enf02-eng.pdf) i downloaded once upon a time from CIC website (I forgot the location now, may be if you search you can find it from all Forms download section (pulldown menu)) and it says the below under 'Assessing applications against the Ministerial Instructions' sub clause 8.3 on page 18 as two foot notes.

Note: One year continuous full-time experience - Applicants may present evidence of a combination of
full-time or part-time work experience in more than one eligible NOC category in the last 10 years for
the purpose of meeting the one year of continuous work experience requirement, as long as their
experience adds up to at least one year.

Note: Anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable. For example, if an applicant is employed in
one occupation for a 4 month contract and before the end of that contract, has secured other
employment that will begin shortly after the end of the first contract, this break in continuity would be
acceptable. The occupations must be listed in the MI.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
CanadaWeCome said:
Wrong...

The below script is taken from CIC's 'OP 6 Federal Skilled Worker' Manual (Pdf...File Name is enf02-eng.pdf) i downloaded once upon a time from CIC website (I forgot the location now, may be if you search you can find it from all Forms download section (pulldown menu)) and it says the below under 'Assessing applications against the Ministerial Instructions' sub clause 8.3 on page 18 as two foot notes.

Note: One year continuous full-time experience - Applicants may present evidence of a combination of
full-time or part-time work experience in more than one eligible NOC category in the last 10 years for
the purpose of meeting the one year of continuous work experience requirement, as long as their
experience adds up to at least one year.

Note: Anticipated short breaks between jobs are acceptable. For example, if an applicant is employed in
one occupation for a 4 month contract and before the end of that contract, has secured other
employment that will begin shortly after the end of the first contract, this break in continuity would be
acceptable. The occupations must be listed in the MI.
rafzy said the same thing. the small break of a day or two means no breaks. he was also asked in the same occupation..which he said yes. you can add you views but before saying No u must read it well.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
bestofluck said:
rafzy said the same thing. the small break of a day or two means no breaks. he was also asked in the same occupation..which he said yes. you can add you views but before saying No u must read it well.
As i understand it is (you too please revisit the above post)

Rafzy answered as 'NO' to OPs below question:

"In this case, will I fulfill the above stated condition of FSW program? Please help me. I am totally confused."

Please correct me if i am wrong!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
CanadaWeCome said:
As i understand it is (you too please revisit the above post)

Rafzy answered as 'NO' to OPs below question:

"In this case, will I fulfill the above stated condition of FSW program? Please help me. I am totally confused."

Please correct me if i am wrong!
I still think rafzy is right. He has a break of 10 days which is not a small gap.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
bestofluck said:
I still think rafzy is right. He has a break of 10 days which is not a small gap.
No Comments...

This place is not to haggle between everyone's definition of 'small break' between jobs and yours.

Common sense suggests that 10 days between jobs is not uncommon with professionals.

Period.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
CanadaWeCome said:
No Comments...

This place is not to haggle between everyone's definition of 'small break' between jobs and yours.

Common sense suggests that 10 days between jobs is not uncommon with professionals.

Period.
ok.