+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERY LONG Background Check, any opinions ?

EhabHassaneen

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2015
Hey Guys,
Is there anyone who gone through a very long background check or know anyone who passed with this ?!
My BG in Progress since March 01, 2016 and every call to IRCC they say we still undergo some background check on your application and this will consume some time.

I've made few searches and found the longest since 2004 was 5 months. Now I hit a new record with 6 months 7 days.

Any opinion ?
Regards.,
Ehab

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
I believe you have a military background.

If that is the case, then you should expect a more exhaustive background check that could potentially delay your application.

Also your AOR is 29 Feb. So you just hit the 6 month mark recently. Just call CIC and ask them whats delaying your application.

EhabHassaneen

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2015
amodmallya said:
I believe you have a military background.

If that is the case, then you should expect a more exhaustive background check that could potentially delay your application.

Also your AOR is 29 Feb. So you just hit the 6 month mark recently. Just call CIC and ask them whats delaying your application.
I call them every month, and every call they say we still undergo some background check on your application and this will consume some time.

What I need to ask is, what is the max period can this BG check take ? Can it last for a year or less ?
Am I the only one in this ? Or it is common.

My military service was mandatory ( not my job ) and it was for only 1 year in 2005 ( more than 10 years ago )

Any one can help in this ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
EhabHassaneen said:
Hey Guys,
Is there anyone who gone through a very long background check or know anyone who passed with this ?!
My BG in Progress since March 01, 2016 and every call to IRCC they say we still undergo some background check on your application and this will consume some time.

I've made few searches and found the longest since 2004 was 5 months. Now I hit a new record with 6 months 7 days.
Your search was incomplete. Background checks before EE could take as long as 2-3 years. 6 months for the background check is really not that long (the waiting part is long, though - I get that!) It only means that you are one of the 20% who will not have processing completed in 6 months.

Background checks are the most variable part (time wise) of the whole application process because everyone's background is different. Some people have lived in one place all their lives, others have moved a lot. Someone who is 20 will have a lot less background to review than someone who is 40 years old. The more family members, the more background checks. Some countries are not as responsive as others to inquiries. Some PCCs are worth less than the paper they are printed on. And yes, people with military experience will take longer, and people from "certain countries" will take longer... And so on, and so on, and so on...

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
You are definitely not alone. There's a bunch of us in a long security check here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized-t317706.2010.html

You're welcome to join us!

EhabHassaneen

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2015
jes_ON said:
Your search was incomplete. Background checks before EE could take as long as 2-3 years. 6 months for the background check is really not that long (the waiting part is long, though - I get that!) It only means that you are one of the 20% who will not have processing completed in 6 months.

Background checks are the most variable part (time wise) of the whole application process because everyone's background is different. Some people have lived in one place all their lives, others have moved a lot. Someone who is 20 will have a lot less background to review than someone who is 40 years old. The more family members, the more background checks. Some countries are not as responsive as others to inquiries. Some PCCs are worth less than the paper they are printed on. And yes, people with military experience will take longer, and people from "certain countries" will take longer... And so on, and so on, and so on...
Thank you Jes_ON for the valuable information. I've served in the military for 1 year ( mandatory service after graduation) and have a very long travel history ( 40 rows to 12 different countries ) but it's all with my company and max for 2-3 weeks per trip, never crossed the 1 month.

Do u think checking this information can take that long ?!