+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very important question regarding address

torontoguy_tdot

Mar 14, 2015
Will I write BLD in place of building shortcut form in the citizenship form ?

As I am typing the form it's not filling in properly

Dear Sir/Madam ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
torontoguy_tdot said:

Dear Sir/Madam ?
If the box is filling then use a blank piece of paper and write the question corresponding the the application form and write the complete address.

Check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

This is what it says:

Note: If you need more space for any section, use an extra sheet of paper and indicate the number and/or letter of the section you are completing and submit it along with your application.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontoguy_tdot said:

Dear Sir/Madam ?
How about using BLDG. instead. The proper short form.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontoguy_tdot said:

Dear Sir/Madam ?
I just opened a citizenship application, typed in "Building 60/1 Road 6A Gulshan" and had no problem fitting it in the available space. The space (question 6e) will accept 31 characters. However, if you still can't get "Building" to fit for some reason, "Bldg" is a perfectly acceptable abbreviation (as is "Rd" for "Road"), and does not require an explanation on a separate piece of paper.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
alphazip said:
I just opened a citizenship application, typed in "Building 60/1 Road 6A Gulshan" and had no problem fitting it in the available space. The space (question 6e) will accept 31 characters. However, if you still can't get "Building" to fit for some reason, "Bldg" is a perfectly acceptable abbreviation (as is "Rd" for "Road"), and does not require an explanation on a separate piece of paper.
I think the original poster has long length of the address and he just wrote a part of it to explain it to us. That is the reason why he is trying to shorten it.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I think the original poster has long length of the address and he just wrote a part of it to explain it to us. That is the reason why he is trying to shorten it.
Well, he did write, "My address is Building 60/1 Road 6A Gulshan As the box doesn't allow me to fill this I am writing BLDG 60/1 Road 6A Gulshan ( it does fit in like that )", so I'm just going by that.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can, but I notice that you're asking a lot of different address questions in different threads. As Eileen mentioned, only list home addresses (the place where you receive mail, etc.), not places where you stay for a few days on vacation. If the address is a house (not an apartment), you would leave the apartment box blank.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
alphazip said:
Well, he did write, "My address is Building 60/1 Road 6A Gulshan As the box doesn't allow me to fill this I am writing BLDG 60/1 Road 6A Gulshan ( it does fit in like that )", so I'm just going by that.
@torontoguy_tdot

is Building 60/1 Road 6A Gulshan your complete address?

If not then you need to elaborate more.

Anyhow, if the address does not fit there in the box, as i stated earlier try this:

If you need more space for any section, use an extra sheet of paper and indicate the number and/or letter of the section you are completing and submit it along with your application.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
At the risk of responding to a spoof:

Ditto cautions from alphazip and eileenf (in another albeit similar thread).

Sure, completing bureaucratic forms can be an exercise far from what seems like common-sense.

But, using common-sense is still a good idea.

Where the forms themselves deviate from common-sense, follow the form. Otherwise, follow the instructions using common-sense.

The address to enter is the address you actually had, as it would be printed on the envelope of something mailed to that address. Sure, accepted abbreviations are fine. But it needs to be the address of a place you actually established residence in, not just some place you were staying. The application form does not ask for daily location. It asks for places of residence.

In particular, given all these questions, some down to the level of where to enter a hyphen, gives the impression of not understanding what the application is asking for, or what CIC will look at and consider, let alone what might seem suspicious to CIC.

Probably no great insight or wisdom necessary to foresee that detailing an address for a mere three day period of time, as if that is someone's residential address, is likely to incite questions, if not outright suspicion. It is, after all, highly unlikely that someone actually establishes residence at a location and then re-establishes residence elsewhere just a few days later.

Impression: either you are overthinking (way overthinking) the details . . . or . . . . your application is destined to go way off the rails (maybe the real question is how do you spell "RQ?" ) . . . or . . . the questions are a joke.

If it is just a bit of overthinking, step back, relax, take a deep breath, and use some common-sense.

I would note, for example, if you are listing a foreign address, for a period of time spent outside Canada, definitely relax, give your best account of where you were living abroad for the respective month and be sure the city is correct, otherwise the details are essentially of little import.