+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYBODY! PLEASE READ!

Direction North

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7th
AOR Received.
October 7th
Med's Request
in progress
I read the same question multiple times a day all over again in several treads on every second page :mad: :

"Does the PPR come as a CIC message, or as an email to your email address?"

[size=10pt]IT COMES AS AN EMAIL, AND YOU SHOULD ALSO CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER![/size]

Please guys, it is not that hard to do just a little bit research (in google or with the search function of that forum) before you ask the same question that was already asked by 1000 people before you.
I know that the main idea of a forum is to help each other, but It makes every tread very confusing if we discuss the same same stuff every second page.

Thanks a lot for your contribution to keep this forum professional!

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Mostly as an Email.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Some that received PPR from their local VO said all they got was a notification of a new message (like when you get ITA) and when they checked they saw the PPR letter.

How do you reconcile that?

Direction North

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7th
AOR Received.
October 7th
Med's Request
in progress
One_Topsy said:
Some that received PPR from their local VO said all they got was a notification of a new message (like when you get ITA) and when they checked they saw the PPR letter.

How do you reconcile that?
I reconcile that as below:

100% of the answers I have read so far state that it comes as an email. If some people got a notification, fine. However they should still be able to find that information with the search function, huh?

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Direction North said:
I read the same question multiple times a day all over again in several treads on every second page :mad: :

[size=10pt]IT COMES AS AN EMAIL, AND YOU SHOULD ALSO CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER![/size]

Please guys, it is not that hard to do just a little bit research (in google or with the search function of that forum) before you ask the same question that was already asked by 1000 people before you.
I know that the main idea of a forum is to help each other, but It makes every tread very confusing if we discuss the same same stuff every second page.

Hello Direction North. It does not harm a lot to answer or ask on the forums. The technology age made the cost for an additional space very little, and almost none of it is a burden on any of us. You even referred to a question which is vague and no one can give you a specific right answer.

People feeling in need of info should be encouraged to ask, not scared that they will have to see if their question "makes every tread very confusing if we discuss the same same stuff every second page".

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Direction North said:

Oh come on Direction North, I've seen people who have no clue on how to use these forums. All they want from here is to get an answer as quick as possible, search option seems very easy for you, but not for everyone.If it makes you so nervous, please just ignore them and move on to next. Someone who had patience and helping tendency will take time to answer them, you need not worry, and trust me there are lots of such nice people here in the forum.

Thanks to everyone who ask questions and thanks to everyone who take time & effort to answer them.

No question is stupid question!

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
I empathize with you, OP, and I agree that this forum has way too many threads asking questions that have been answered in way too many threads already. But given the way this forum is setup (no mods), duplication and trolls are to be expected. Luckily, there are very few trolls in the forum. You can post threads like this as many times as you want but I can assure you it won't stop people from doing what they do best - post before search. The members are diverse (not only in terms of nationality and languages but also in terms of experience with internet forums). We better get used to the way this forum works. I don't take the posts personally. And I am fine with new posters who don't bother to (or know how to) search prior threads. I suggest you do the same. Cheers.

Direction North

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7th
AOR Received.
October 7th
Med's Request
in progress
wildemam said:
Hello Direction North. It does not harm a lot to answer or ask on the forums. The technology age made the cost for an additional space very little, and almost none of it is a burden on any of us. You even referred to a question which is vague and no one can give you a specific right answer.

People feeling in need of info should be encouraged to ask, not scared that they will have to see if their question "makes every tread very confusing if we discuss the same same stuff every second page".
Did you understand what I tried to say?

[...]"The technology age made the cost for an additional space very little"[...]

I don't care about the space on the server, I just think it is not necessary to write the same stuff again in every tread if there is already an existing answer. And I think if people feel the need of info they should get an answer, but first use the existing resources and get pro-activ before they just go the easy way...just my opinion.

Direction North

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7th
AOR Received.
October 7th
Med's Request
in progress
Kumarp said:
Oh come on Direction North, I've seen people who have no clue on how to use these forums. All they want from here is to get an answer as quick as possible, search option seems very easy for you, but not for everyone.If it makes you so nervous, please just ignore them and move on to next. Someone who had patience and helping tendency will take time to answer them, you need not worry, and trust me there are lots of such nice people here in the forum.

Thanks to everyone who ask questions and thanks to everyone who take time & effort to answer them.

No question is stupid question!
It seems like I write my sentences a little bit too complicated for some of you guys ;)
You are absolutely right, no question is a stupid question. I didn't say anything different, but what is the point in asking the same question all over again.

I try to help people too. I try to help them using all functions of the forum.

Direction North

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7th
AOR Received.
October 7th
Med's Request
in progress
MooseNBooze said:
I empathize with you, OP, and I agree that this forum has way too many threads asking questions that have been answered in way too many threads already. But given the way this forum is setup (no mods), duplication and trolls are to be expected. Luckily, there are very few trolls in the forum. You can post threads like this as many times as you want but I can assure you it won't stop people from doing what they do best - post before search. The members are diverse (not only in terms of nationality and languages but also in terms of experience with internet forums). We better get used to the way this forum works. I don't take the posts personally. And I am fine with new posters who don't bother to (or know how to) search prior threads. I suggest you do the same. Cheers.
Yeah, maybe you are right.
I keep my mouth shut if everybody is offended if somebody expects more professionalism from adults.
I was just raised different and learned at home and in school how to get my information independent.

Cheers dude, +1 for you.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Direction North said:
It seems like I write my sentences a little bit too complicated for some of you guys ;)
You are absolutely right, no question is a stupid question. I didn't say anything different, but what is the point in asking the same question all over again.

I try to help people too. I try to help them using all functions of the forum.
Nope your sentences are not complicated, it's just that you fail to understand our responses. Read all our answers again....
1. People are in a hurry, they do not know where to go, whom to ask, how to ask.
2. For certain people, it takes time to understand how the forum works. When they get to it, they'll stop asking repeated questions
3. Not everybody have great computer / internet skills, for some it takes time to even understand how to use google. We should be able to help them too.
4. Not everybody knows how to use all "functions" of the forum
5. This is not a professional forum. This is just a common platform for everyone to come browse / ask and get information.
6. Finding information independent? That is not possible, everyone needs help from some source, be it books, internet, other people's experience etc. And I believe that is why you are here as well.
7. Nobody is offended by your post here, we are just trying to explain to you that world doesn't work the way to you want it to.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
Direction North said:
Yeah, maybe you are right.
I keep my mouth shut if everybody is offended if somebody expects more professionalism from adults.
I was just raised different and learned at home and in school how to get my information independent.

Cheers dude, +1 for you.
Muchas gracias. The thing is none of the posters were raised the way you, or I, or the poster kumarp, were raised (and I'm sure you know this - as a factual matter - but I just wanted to highlight it so that the significance of this difference is underscored). I am trying to move to Canada largely because I want to go to a country that is tolerant of diverse human beings. Diverse not only in terms of the so-called "race" or culture, but diverse in terms of approach to life. Yes, this forum has plenty of people who just come for, dare I say, "wham-bam-thank-you-ma'ams", which results in a clutter of duplicate posts. But hey, this is a free forum and its beauty is that one can always find like-minded folks. Like you and I in this thread, for instance. I say let the others be what they are. As long as they're not spamming or trolling, methinks (I do want to draw a line at spamming, bullying and trolling).

Cheers! ;D

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
MooseNBooze said:
Muchas gracias. The thing is none of the posters were raised the way you, or I, or the poster kumarp, were raised (and I'm sure you know this - as a factual matter - but I just wanted to highlight it so that the significance of this difference is underscored). I am trying to move to Canada largely because I want to go to a country that is tolerant of diverse human beings. Diverse not only in terms of the so-called "race" or culture, but diverse in terms of approach to life. Yes, this forum has plenty of people who just come for, dare I say, "wham-bam-thank-you-ma'ams", which results in a clutter of duplicate posts. But hey, this is a free forum and its beauty is that one can always find like-minded folks. Like you and I in this thread, for instance. I say let the others be what they are. As long as they're not spamming or trolling, methinks (I do want to draw a line at spamming, bullying and trolling).

Cheers! ;D
I can't agree with you more!

blogger123

Feb 24, 2016
MooseNBooze said:

Cheers! ;D
well said..couldn't agree more(with no offense to any others) :D

Direction North

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7th
AOR Received.
October 7th
Med's Request
in progress
Oh and by the way.

Thanks for the support from people with the same opinion, thanks for the personal messages and thanks for the + !

And I would like also to thank the guys who gave me the - , I am pretty sure I know who it was ;) .

Have a good one, guys!