24th Sept 2013
File Transfer...
11th Oct 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21st Jan 2014
Hello,
My citizenship test is on the 20th this month. I was trying to gather my documents and can't find my proof of residency. Does anyone know or has seen lately whether they let applicants in my situation take the test or send them back? My brother had given his test last year and said they separated those without their landing documents and rescheduled their dates. Any information would really help .

desibabu

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Hello Kaboom,
first of all dont worry. you will be able to write the test.

Take the copy of the LANDING DOCUMENT to the Test center and explain the situation they will let you write the test.

secondly if you have not already submitted the complaint at the LOCAL POLICE STATION about the lost document.
do it so and take the proof to the TEST center.

next APPLY for CERTIFIED COPY of LANDING PAPER to the CIC office. you can get the application online.
if you are resident of Hamilton or any other city where CIC office has walk in they have application.
otherwise you need to mail it. fee i dint remember,
so when you apply keep a copy to show at the TEST CENTER.

CIC office will mail in 8 to 12 weeks or so. I dint remember exactly .

its good if you can apply for the CERTIFIED copy before test just to show how proactive you are.

other thing not mention prepare well for the test.

wish you good luck. again not to worry but take above mentioned task.
i hope i answer to my best of my knowledge.

you can hear from senior folks here.

good luck.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I took the test although that was in 2008 so a while back, they let the people who did not have all their documents take the test but told them to bring the documents later.

You can find some forms at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp on how to apply for a certified copy although they recently changed it so that is not actually a copy of your landing documents any more but a verification that they exist and the information they contained.

You might as well apply for it now. When you take the test, at least you can tell them that you already applied.

sg416

Oct 1, 2012
Hello Desibabu and Leon

Im in a similiar situation, I had laminated my confirmation of landed document when I had became a pr, believing I would be preserving this document. It wasnt till I wrote the test back in July that the officer explained to me that its not accepted for obvious reasons.

I took the measure to request a certified copy in August and even sent in with an urgent letter explaining my reason. Unfortunately, my case was not considered urgent. Now I have been invited to the Ceremony Oath next week and dont know what will happen.

Does anyone heard of anything similiar? What can I do?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In your oath invitation, they should say somewhere what you are supposed to do if you can't make it. Either you use that way to contact them and tell them that you can not come because you do not have your verification of status yet and ask them to reschedule you or you take your chances and show up at the ceremony with your laminated document and tell them that you had ordered your verification but didn't get it yet and see if they will accept.

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
sg416 said:
Hello Desibabu and Leon

Im in a similiar situation, I had laminated my confirmation of landed document when I had became a pr, believing I would be preserving this document. It wasnt till I wrote the test back in July that the officer explained to me that its not accepted for obvious reasons.

I took the measure to request a certified copy in August and even sent in with an urgent letter explaining my reason. Unfortunately, my case was not considered urgent. Now I have been invited to the Ceremony Oath next week and dont know what will happen.

Does anyone heard of anything similiar? What can I do?
Hi sg416, I did the same thing (laminated my CPR) and I am planning to apply for Citizenship in September this year. I will apply for Verification of Status just to be sure. I want to ask a few questions though as I am worried what will happen when I take the test and do the oath taking.

1. They let you take the test even though your CPR was laminated?
2. What happened when you went to the oath taking with your laminated CPR and without your new copy from CIC?

Anything other tips to share when I do the test?

Thank you in advance.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
koala18 said:
Hi sg416, I did the same thing (laminated my CPR) and I am planning to apply for Citizenship in September this year. I will apply for Verification of Status just to be sure. I want to ask a few questions though as I am worried what will happen when I take the test and do the oath taking.

1. They let you take the test even though your CPR was laminated?
2. What happened when you went to the oath taking with your laminated CPR and without your new copy from CIC?

Anything other tips to share when I do the test?

Thank you in advance.
get professional help and get your lamination removed from COPR