+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Veinna Interviewies going to another EU country for interview

Apr 23, 2014
Hello we received a letter from Vienna to go for an interview in the country my spouse resides as he couldn't travel for an interview in Austria. The letter states to respond by a certain date which we did. 2 weeks about is when the interview is but the letter only stated a 4 day time frame but not a specific date and time to go. Also no reply since we agreed to the interview. The day I leave for Europe is 30 days as well from the day they sent a letter to respond. Should we be worried to why no response or is it normal for it to take this long for no response? I find this frustrating not knowing if this is really fair as we will be required to provide documents for the interview but we don't feel the time to prepare documents in the 2 weeks from then is fair to us, as we don't know what they want us to provide. Is this normal to do that? Give such short notice on an interview date and not respond back to let us know when the interview is? The fact that I am travelling to be there with my spouse for the interview makes it even more difficult. urgent help please

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Short notice of an interview date is quite common. Not telling you when exactly it will be is not. You could try contacting your MP's office in Canada to see if he or she could find out - it could be they sent a letter or email, but it was lost.
Usually what they want is additional proof of contact from the time the application was sent in. I would also take the originals of anything really important, such as your marriage certificate.

Apr 23, 2014
Thank you so much for the reply. Is there any other document I should bring that is vital that we never would of expected? Interview is in a few days.

ScottishPolish

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
01-16-2016
Interview........
15-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
Two hearts one soul said:
Thank you so much for the reply. Is there any other document I should bring that is vital that we never would of expected? Interview is in a few days.
My husband had his interview in Warsaw on June 15th.

What they asked to see was:

- original marriage certificate
- original birth certificates (both of us)
- divorce certificate (he was divorced, they wanted the original to see he was actually properly divorced)
- proof of joint bank accounts, joint property of any kind, both names on a lease or rental agreement etc. Plus anything else that we could provide that would show that our relationship was genuine. And they want original everything. So for example, we had the original joint bank account statement, original credit card statement with both our names, house insurance policy with both our names, life insurance policy with him as a beneficiary etc.

We took a lot of pictures taken since we submitted our application, and anything else we could think of to prove our relationship is genuine. But the important things are what I listed above - they really want to see the originals.

When we went to the interview, they didn't let me in (i went over to Warsaw to be with him for moral support). So he went in on his own, and had to wait two hours in a waiting room before they interviewed him. He said that when he went into the room, the officer doing the interview had read through the entire file that he had just brought with the additional information, plus the original file that we had submitted was beside him as well, with notes sticking from it.

His interview was very quick - less than 10 minutes and the officer only asked very basic questions. But the important thing here, is that we had a very complete file of additional information - whatever we could think of that would prove our relationship is real, plus all the originals they wanted.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions! Hope that helps!

Apr 23, 2014
Hi there, again thank you so much for the info. We had the interview and where approved under. we did everything that was asked of us. They said we have to renew the medical and the police reports. The interview was on the 11th and he said they would send us an email requesting a medical but we have not seen this email yet. They said it would only take a few days after the medical is done to be approved. Kind of frustrating as my flight is in a few days and no email yet. Still waiting for the police report as well but it would be nice to get my man home.