+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Various stages before getting citizenship.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
I am in mid of applying for citizenship. And I was trying to understand various stages before I get my citizenship. Processing timeline for citizenship on cic website says 1 year.

So far what I believe various stages are...

May, 18 - apply for citizenship form
May,18 to May,19 Request finger print
May,18 to Nov,18 - Invite for citizenship test and interview
May,19 - citizenship ceremony
May,19 Apply for Canadian Passport First (delivery time is 1-2 weeks)

I know the timelines might change if they pick my application as non routine but I am just trying to understand various stages for routine application. So please let me know if I missed anything.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
I am in mid of applying for citizenship. And I was trying to understand various stages before I get my citizenship. Processing timeline for citizenship on cic website says 1 year.

I know the timelines might change if they pick my application as non routine but I am just trying to understand various stages for routine application. So please let me know if I missed anything.
Yogi Maharaj.....astrologer.................

Last edited:

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012

Where you live is a major factor.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
It looks as if you intend to request FP in anticipation of being asked. Not everyone gets this request and you should wait until you get such a request. In fact, come to think of it, you have to wait because you will need your file number when you get FP done. The file number is generated after AOR.

AOR can be a few weeks to a few months after they receive application.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
Yogi Maharaj.....astrologer.................
Its ok to keep quiet or ignore, instead of making fun and hurting someone by saying "Yogi Maharaj, Kya Canada ka hawa paani se dimag satak gaya kya..............."

Last edited:

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
It looks as if you intend to request FP in anticipation of being asked. Not everyone gets this request and you should wait until you get such a request. In fact, come to think of it, you have to wait because you will need your file number when you get FP done. The file number is generated after AOR.

AOR can be a few weeks to a few months after they receive application.
Thanks I was trying to understand steps after application , so from what I understand AOR --> Citizenship Test --> citizenship ceremony if application is approved

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
Where you live is a major factor.
Ooh ok.. I am right now in Toronto but I might move to some other city in couple of months after applying for citizenship. So do they change the processing center as soon as I inform them that I moved. Is there a link that I can follow to understand timelines for different processing center?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Its ok to keep quiet or ignore instead of making fun and hurting someone by saying "Yogi Maharaj, Kya Canada ka hawa paani se dimag satak gaya kya..............."
And since this is a Canadian forum, English or French are the only acceptable language anyway.

Reactions: kyogesh

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Thanks I was trying to understand steps after application , so from what I understand AOR --> Citizenship Test --> citizenship ceremony if application is approved
Application Sent -> AOR received -> ECAS Status changes to In Process -> Test Invite Sent -> ECAS status changes to Decision Made -> Oath invite sent -> Oath taken -> Status changes to complete.

During this process, you may receive Fingerprint request, various versions of RQ (there are posts in this forums describing what RQ/RQ Lite/some other form is). You will also go through periods where you will feel you are the unluckiest person on the planet who landed in the slowest IRCC office in Canada and have the slowest case officer working your file. At the end of the 12 month period (or much sooner generally for at least half the applicants) you will be a Canadian citizen.

kyogesh

Apr 13, 2014
Application Sent -> AOR received -> ECAS Status changes to In Process -> Test Invite Sent -> ECAS status changes to Decision Made -> Oath invite sent -> Oath taken -> Status changes to complete.

During this process, you may receive Fingerprint request, various versions of RQ (there are posts in this forums describing what RQ/RQ Lite/some other form is). You will also go through periods where you will feel you are the unluckiest person on the planet who landed in the slowest IRCC office in Canada and have the slowest case officer working your file. At the end of the 12 month period (or much sooner generally for at least half the applicants) you will be a Canadian citizen.
thank you very very much..

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
thank you very very much..
Make sure to fill the forms very accurately, and check it 2-3 times before mailing the application and ensure you include all the required documents. The verbiage can be tricky for some questions, ensuring you don't make mistakes at your end helps avoiding unnecessary delays due to applications returned or being asked for missing documents.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Ooh ok.. I am right now in Toronto but I might move to some other city in couple of months after applying for citizenship. So do they change the processing center as soon as I inform them that I moved. Is there a link that I can follow to understand timelines for different processing center?
After you get AOR, you’ll be able to notify IRCC and they will transfer your file.