+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

retrovi8

Sep 7, 2016
Hi All,

My cousin who lives in India completed a Civil Engineering degree last year and is looking to pursue a post-graduate diploma as an international student here with the ultimate goal of becoming permanent resident.

Given his civil engineering background, he is interested in doing something along the lines of civil/construction management or technology-related diploma (2 or 3 years).

His IELTS score is 6.0 overall, with 6.0 scores in Listening & Reading but two 5.5 scores in Writing & Speaking. I understand the 5.5 scores close some doors for him with respect to programs he can get admission to.

The other issue with his profile is the number of backlog, which at approximately 18 is on the high side and again closes a few more doors.

He is probably late for May 2017 admissions but September 2017 would work well.

Given the above, any advice on which programs he should go after to secure a student visa and get moving? He understands his profile and for that reason is flexible with which college/province he ends up landing in.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

basit0313

Apr 18, 2017
i know its not relevant to the topic but i need help.
i am a Pakistani citizen. I have been granted admission to the university of oslo summer school, but my visa got refused on the grounds that i have not documented strong ties to my home country. I am a student, no employment ( but did internship at Advocate general office ,government office), no property, no wife or kids. i am allowed to appeal the decision. Can anyone help, how can i document my ties to hime country? can i used my dad business and my mom government job as a grantee?

thanking in advance

ADCanada

Apr 11, 2016
Hi guy i need serious help my college terminated me and informed cic what should i do and what u think they will do plzzzz advice or help

Reactions: Bebesofly

bijo

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Hai friends.. which province at present has easiest rules to get pr for international graduates ? Out of Sk and Quebec, which is better from job prospects and pr point of view for industrial engineering graduates ?

mohdtahaif

Apr 26, 2017
TorontoPunjabi said:
Hi All,
My brother has just completed 12th grade with Arts stream from Punjab Board of Education. Can anyone advise in courses for Canada and colleges for which there are more chances of visa as well.

Thanks
I am from bangladesh residing in kuwait. Can my uncle (my mom's brother) from America financially support me for my studies in Canada by providing an affidevit that he will be bearing all my expenses and my parents will be showing their property papers and other documents to prove the family ties to the CIC coz I will be applying for study permit for Canada. Will there be any problem?

Or‌i even have a cousin in canada who can financially support me completely by proving an affidavit. Is it possible?

sara10

Mar 24, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a PhD student in Canada and I would like to know whether I should apply for my PR while I am still a student. I moved to Canada when I was 18 to do my Bachelor's degree in the field of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. It is a four year academic program. Then, I started my PhD in another province in Canada. I am currently in my fourth year of my PhD (in total, this is my 8th year in Canada) and my field of study is still Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Specialization in Oncology). Someone told me that I still needed at least 2 years of skilled work experience. My Phd project is being funded by the local provincial cancer research centre (PCCRC) and not through my University. My lab is also at the research centre and not at the university. So technically, I am under the PCCRC's payroll. My bank deposits have the PCCRC's name. They have also agreed to provide an employment verification letter. If this is acceptable, then I have four years of skilled work experience. I am not sure what my job title would be and how it is classed on the CIC website. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you

porf01

Dec 13, 2016
Hello

I just read this in CIC news. Will this affect all international students who's taking up diploma courses and wants to apply for immigrant in the future on this new rule on Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.

Eligibility

To be eligible under the Ontario Human Capital Priorities stream, candidates must:

Have a profile in the Express Entry pool and score a minimum of 400 points under the CRS. The score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residence processing stage;
Have a minimum level of work experience;
Candidates who choose to be assessed against the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC) criteria must have at least one year of continuous and full-time employment experience, or part-time equivalent, in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the five years prior to the date of the Notification of Interest from the OINP.
Candidates who choose to be assessed against the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) criteria must have at least one year of cumulative and full-time employment experience, or part-time equivalent, in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in Canada in the three years prior to the date of the NOI from the OINP.
Have a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree OR an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by a designated organization indicating that their foreign education credential is equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD;
Demonstrate English or French language proficiency level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in all four competencies (speaking, reading, writing, and listening);
Intend to reside in Ontario;
Possess sufficient funds to cover settlement costs in Ontario; and
Meet the additional criteria under either the FSWP or CEC.

hars77

Dec 17, 2016
zafarkhattak said:
I have exactly the same case as yours. Points are around 450 since start of EE. And maximum one can score.. something around 360 to 380. I am planning for Phd program. I am looking for the same solution. I have added you in buddy list. If I found solution, I will let you know. If you found any wayout, then do let me know. Thanks
Plz add me to your buddy list..

vau

May 12, 2017
hi I am from dhaka, Bangladesh. if I don't submit police clearance with my visa application will my application be rejected...? or visa office may require that later...??
need urgent suggestion.

Aghapapa

May 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have graduated from York university in Toronto in 2013 from an undergrad program (economy). I obtained my post grad work permit in 2013 which was expired in 2016. During this time, my plans changed so I moved to Vancouver, obtained a study permit and I was enrolled in a master's degree in education in 2014 and I am still a student in this program. I have been working off campus from 2014 until present (it's a part-time job, and I am a full time student). The amount of hours that I have worked when I had work permit is 1260 hours (300 hours below the minimum requirement of 1560 hours to be eligible for CEC or skilled worker class). I have been working at the same job after my work permit was expired but under my study permit (which allows 20 hours/week).

So in reality, I have worked more than 1560 hours, but because my work permit was expired, only 1260 hours can be counted for skilled worker program-Express Entry. is that right? CIC website says that any work experience that you have done while a full-time student does not count towards work experience, but I had both work permits and a study permit at the same time. Does it apply to me? or my 1260 hours still count?

Which stream should I apply in order to get permanent residency? What are my options?

PS: I can not apply for PNP international post-graduate, since my program is not eligible. What about International Graduate? Is PNP an option? Or is there a way for direct federal application?

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi, I have 2 quiries:
1: I recieved my degee in aug 2013 and I started working from 19 Sep 2013 and got my PGWP on 17 Oct. Will that be acceptable. I mean I had study permit in which we are allowed to work 20 hrs per week but what about after completing degree/ diploma? or should I make new experience letter from oct 2013 oct. Please let me know whether it will suffice or not..

2: my work permit was issued on 17 oct 2013 till 17 ocot 2014 and I worked from sep 2013 till nov 2014. I applied for WP extension in Sep 2014 but it was rejected due to LMO problem. I got a letter in Nov 2014 and I quit my job. I worked 44 hrs per week and I want to know whether there will be a problem in counting my canadian experience or not.