+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

horla

May 17, 2015
Hi,
New in this forum.I want to ask is it possible for an international student after arriving in Canada to defer his/her admission for another year?
Let's he /she suppose to start in September 2015 and defer it to September 2016 after arriving in Canada?
Please, help me out!!!

rani2728

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan 2013
Doc's Request.
4 April 2013
File Transfer...
5 Feb 2013
Med's Request
23 Jan 2013
Interview........
21 Jan 2014
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
26 feb 2014
Hi Friends, My niece got admission in SFU in Faculty of Sc, computer Science.
SFU has a very differenet process, that she has to enrol in JULY and select few subjects and based on that she can pay the fees.

the problem is if she pays the fees in july and then apply for visa then how long would it take to get the visa.
her semester will start from 2nd sept 2015.

second if she applied today based on the offer letter. would her visa get approved for Immigration ppl will see that she is applying without paying fees.?

kindly help and guide.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
rani2728 said:
Hi Friends, My niece got admission in SFU in Faculty of Sc, computer Science.
SFU has a very differenet process, that she has to enrol in JULY and select few subjects and based on that she can pay the fees.

the problem is if she pays the fees in july and then apply for visa then how long would it take to get the visa.
her semester will start from 2nd sept 2015.

second if she applied today based on the offer letter. would her visa get approved for Immigration ppl will see that she is applying without paying fees.?

kindly help and guide.
Dude you dont need to pay fees beforehand it is an option, but not a must... You should go ahead en aread CIC section for Study Permit everything is detailed there.... You just need proof of financial support for study permit...

Second, if she has been accepted she can apply for visa next day only user her Letter of Admission... no need to wait until july...

My case: got admission from USASK on March 5th 2015, applied for visa on March 19th 2015 only using a copy of letter of admission (since original one hadnt arrived yet by that time), got my visa issued on May 5th 2015.

I Havent registered at ony course since I am not allowed to do su until June, and of course have not payed any fee at all. Will go to Canada in June 6th. So apply fast!!

canrushi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent with appln
Med's Request
30-03-2015 (Still MR for child is pending)
Med's Done....
Me and Spouse - 15th March, Kid - 5th May... 3rd line - 12th May
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
Dude you dont need to pay fees beforehand it is an option, but not a must... You should go ahead en aread CIC section for Study Permit everything is detailed there.... You just need proof of financial support for study permit...

Second, if she has been accepted she can apply for visa next day only user her Letter of Admission... no need to wait until july...

My case: got admission from USASK on March 5th 2015, applied for visa on March 19th 2015 only using a copy of letter of admission (since original one hadnt arrived yet by that time), got my visa issued on May 5th 2015.

I Havent registered at ony course since I am not allowed to do su until June, and of course have not payed any fee at all. Will go to Canada in June 6th. So apply fast!!
hi,

What is the procedure to apply for student visa? Also how much it cost for filing the visa?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
canrushi said:
hi,

What is the procedure to apply for student visa? Also how much it cost for filing the visa?
This should answer most of your questions...

For prices you should visit your embassy Web page as well

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp

rani2728

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan 2013
Doc's Request.
4 April 2013
File Transfer...
5 Feb 2013
Med's Request
23 Jan 2013
Interview........
21 Jan 2014
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
26 feb 2014
Wolfpmd3 said:

[ Thanks a lot for your kind support but in her case there is a problem. lost my elder brother long back and i take care of her. i dont think canadian govt will love to see a canadian sponsporing a international student. why i was concerned abt paying fees was that if we pay the fees the immigration dept may just see that fees is submitted and her scotia bank has to has 10200 which she will have. if there is a need to show financial proof then her case becomes wk. i m financially strong but tragedy i was told by agents that i cannot show that i m paying.is there any other alternative or solution for this financial problem. i wish i could show that i support and will support.]

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
rani2728 said:
Wolfpmd3 said:

[ Thanks a lot for your kind support but in her case there is a problem. lost my elder brother long back and i take care of her. i dont think canadian govt will love to see a canadian sponsporing a international student. why i was concerned abt paying fees was that if we pay the fees the immigration dept may just see that fees is submitted and her scotia bank has to has 10200 which she will have. if there is a need to show financial proof then her case becomes wk. i m financially strong but tragedy i was told by agents that i cannot show that i m paying.is there any other alternative or solution for this financial problem. i wish i could show that i support and will support.]
I have my brother living in Canada he is already a Canadian citizen... He is one of my sponsors... Her application doesn't need to be weak or something like that... She needed to provide strong home ties somehow to her home country so wouldn't get refused based on you been in Canada....

Some universities offer students the possibility to receive their money and store those funds for CIC purposes, so when they are granted study permit they will use that money for paying tuition... That is an option for you if paying fees in advance is not possible, I don't know if you understand... It works sort of like a bank account where they keep your money at the University under the name of a certain student.... That way no one in CIC has to know you are even in Canada...

Try contacting University to find Oct if they offer that service...

Let me know if you have further questions... For example in my case University of saskatchewan offers that although I didn't use it..

ahmad72

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Dear All I did CA in 2006 and in Job . Can I join education stream to get canada Immigration because I EE score is low compare to current merit

ZYGMA

Star Member
May 21, 2015
hi guys,

i applied for FSW2014 but too late my NOC1111 capped out, i tried EE but my score is too low to be even considered, i have tried for various PNP but they are very strict with their requirements and so i explore the student visa option.. however i have family and i want them to come with me too..

here's my plan:
1. i will apply for student visa
2. once i have the visa, my wife will apply for open work permit which is allowed (not sure though her chances considering we have children that will be left)
3. once my wife get an open work permit, she will work full time and try to apply for change of visa to work permit together with our children as dependents (not sure if this is allowed)

is this possible? what sort of problems will we encounter regarding visa applications and what are our chances in each visa application?

i have a strong chances for student visa but not sure about the rest of my plan since it was stated that a wife of a student visa holder can only apply for open work permit within Canada so it means she need to be a tourist first to enter Canada and apply from there..

radel

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
i am not sure but i think your wife can apply for work permite from your country once you get the student visa and your work permit. you can take children with you and they can go to school for free if they are 4 years or older

HKG

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
please explain what is the current(2015) criteria for international students to apply for Ontario pnp. Does work experience acquired during study permit gets counted towards work experience? Why are students moving to Manitoba to get a PR? What are the reasons..for this move

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
ZYGMA said:
hi guys,

i applied for FSW2014 but too late my NOC1111 capped out, i tried EE but my score is too low to be even considered, i have tried for various PNP but they are very strict with their requirements and so i explore the student visa option.. however i have family and i want them to come with me too..

here's my plan:
1. i will apply for student visa
2. once i have the visa, my wife will apply for open work permit which is allowed (not sure though her chances considering we have children that will be left)
3. once my wife get an open work permit, she will work full time and try to apply for change of visa to work permit together with our children as dependents (not sure if this is allowed)

is this possible? what sort of problems will we encounter regarding visa applications and what are our chances in each visa application?

i have a strong chances for student visa but not sure about the rest of my plan since it was stated that a wife of a student visa holder can only apply for open work permit within Canada so it means she need to be a tourist first to enter Canada and apply from there..
SO I think you want to come as an student along with your wife in an OWP and then switch your study permit for an Open work permit??

If you want to do so you are crazy.... You will need to complete your degree and depending on the time it took you to complete your degree you will have the chance to apply for an OWP after graduation.... If you come here and dont study at all you will have to leave canada after 90 days... If you stay with a no longer useful study permit you will be an illegal inmigrant and will have to live as such...... and once out you will never come back....

If you dont meet the requirements.... look somewhere else dude reallly maybe canada is not the country for you... or just stay home really

singh_harman94

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
25-07-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
I want to persue M.Engg course in civil engineering from University of Manitoba. But I'm facing a problem. Actually I have all the required documents except IELTS score card. My IELTS test is due on 25th of july and I'm expecting to receive my IELTS score card till 14-15 August. I want to know Can I apply for Conditional offer letter to get admission in preferred course ? because the deadline for application form is August 1 for Winter 2016 session. Kindly inform me as soon as possible. Thanx

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
singh_harman94 said:
I want to persue M.Engg course in civil engineering from University of Manitoba. But I'm facing a problem. Actually I have all the required documents except IELTS score card. My IELTS test is due on 25th of july and I'm expecting to receive my IELTS score card till 14-15 August. I want to know Can I apply for Conditional offer letter to get admission in preferred course ? because the deadline for application form is August 1 for Winter 2016 session. Kindly inform me as soon as possible. Thanx
Although this Forum is meant for Inmigration purposes.... not Universities Admission purposes...

Yes you should be fine sending english test results later... Most universities accept that as far as I know....

Anyways that is something you should probably check directly with your University... contact them...

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi everyone,

I just completed my Masters degree from an Ontario university, which makes me eligible for the special immigration stream for Masters Graduates from Ontario Universities PNP... but I'm not sure if I should apply for immigration under that stream OR through the Express Entry stream. Can someone please help? Most of my friends are saying they plan to apply under the EE after getting some work experience because that allows them to move anywhere to work and not just Ontario. I know that's true, but I'm not sure what are the chances of getting PR under the EE stream nowadays. Thanks.