+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

nicejose

Jun 13, 2013
Professional Cooking in Quebec

Hey guys, on an earlier post I read about professional cooking in Quebec (1.5yrs diploma DEP). After searching net for hours, I couldn't find any colleges which offers this program except LaSalle College(and they dont show their tuition).

Any one knows any universities or colleges (preferably in Montreal) that offers professional cooking DEP? Please keep in mind that I'm planning to apply for Quebec migration after course, so I need the course to be 1.5yrs(1350hrs). A lower tuition fee would be great too.

Thanks in advance

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
really it is a classic information and very need full for the international students like me.. thnx bro.

krish526

Oct 8, 2012
hi all

I have a question, my wife is in Toronto she has finish her 1 year pg course from there last month and now she got offer for job in administration field. My question is what should she do now to apply PR there. She should wait for 1 year and apply or she can apply now in student in job offer steam.

Please suggest me...

debasishetc

Jun 19, 2013
Hi,
I really need your help to evaluate my profile. Here's my Profile
SSC-2001 Batch, GPA- 4.5(out of 5)/
HSC -2003 Batch, , GPA- 4.00(out of 5)/

BSc (2004-08) in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering from KIIT, India, GPA-7(out of 10 scale i.e. 70%)/
Job- Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS), Chennai, India as Systems Engineer for 3.4 Years (Sep, 2008- Dec, 2011)/

Msc( from feb,2012 and expected graduation date-feb 2014) in Communication Engineering at National Taipei University ,Taiwan ( Awarded Taiwan Ministry of Education Scholarship). Current CGPA-3.94 (out of 4 scale)./

IELTS-6.5/

I am really interested to build my career in Research Field i.e. in Wireless Communication. I want to apply for Phd(Electrical & Computer Engineering Stream) in Canada(Prefer MUN, CONCORDIA, VICTOTIA,REGINA) But right now I don't have publications in Journal or Conference. May be I will have my publication after Graduation means after Feb, 2014.

So I am really tensed. I need advice from you guys.....Shall I Apply for MaSc Instead of Phd? Still I didn't Contact with any Supervisor. Definitely I will try to get funding from professor. In this regard please evaluate my profile.

If I Apply for Masc then it will be my 2nd Masters. Will it create any Issue to get visa? There may be a question which visa officer may think ......
Why am I applying for Masters Again?

Thanks In Advance.....Please Help

punnam

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi one of my friends said to apply for student visa you need to deposit $10000 in Canadian bank as maintenance funds applying outside canada. Is IT true. Please help me

krish526

Oct 8, 2012
hi punam

No that is not true you have to show funds in you own bank account in your home country not in canada.

sujeeth

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Visa Office......
Delhi chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12th -2013
AOR Received.
june 13 th-2013
Med's Request
may 12th -2013
Med's Done....
may 13th-2013
Interview........
NO
VISA ISSUED...
june 25th
LANDED..........
aug 22
hey !! wat bout pr of BC ??? i need guide

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sujeeth said:
hey !! wat bout pr of BC ??? i need guide
Not an easy task!

If you have some connections then you might get lucky! why dont u try on Alberta?

Jag49

Jul 2, 2013
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, not sure if my question would be pertinent to this topic, but please help me in taking the right decision

Education:
10th: 73.6
12th:77.6
B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication):77.02

Work-Ex:
I have 3.5 years experience in IT - Infosys.

IELTS Score: 8

I have got an admit in Seneca : Project Management in IT, 1 year certification program.

I'm really worried now, because of the apprehensions made on the forum for a 1 year course (optional co-op), as it entitles you to a max 1 year PGWP, which could be a concern if one is looking for a PR too after course completion (1 year full time paid job clause), which I'm too :(. This opprtunity seems to have a lot of risk now to me, I also have an admit in MBA from IIT in India, so really not able to think straight now.

Would request some one to please guide me to evaluate the two alternatives.

Best Regards,
Jag49

tiger007

Champion Member
UPDATE: JULY 2013 --Check the Official website links for detailed information.

PNPs:

1. Alberta - Open to students of all provinces. Have obtained a diploma, degree, or have completed a graduate level program from a publicly funded community college, trade/technical school or university in Alberta or Canada, or at a private institution in Alberta authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.
Have graduated from a Canadian educational program that was a minimum of two years in length at the undergraduate level or a minimum of one year at the graduate level. Those who study skilled trade qualifications, will have to apply under Compulsory and optional trades criteria with a skilled job offer in their trade (as part of strategic recruitment stream). NO requirement to work for certain months.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-international-graduate-criteria.aspx
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-compulsory-optional-trades-criteria.aspx

There is also an Engineering occupations criteria, again as part of the strategic recruitment stream.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-engineering-occupations-criteria.aspx

2. NL - If course done form NL province, then no need to work for any duration. 1 can directly apply for PNP nomination , provided they have a skilled job offer (NOC O,A or B), in their field of study. Outside NL province students, need to work for 12 months in a skilled job before applying for NL PNP.
http://www.nlpnp.ca/student.html

3. Ontario - Only for Ontario based universities -Master and PHD graduates.. no job offer needed, direct PNP provided, provided 1 meets certain conditions such as showing 11,083$ consistently for past 6 months (at the time of applying without job). One also needs to spend atleast 1 year in Ontario and can apply in the final sem of their studies (like if Master is of more than 1 year). Only 1000 applicants accepted per year under Master's stream. For other graduates (in or outside Ontario ) who are not Master or PHD degree holders.. whole set of rules including getting a skilled job offer from a pre- approved employer is required. No need to work for certain number of months, and direct PNP nomination if shown skilled approved employer 's job offer.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_JOB.html
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERS.html
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_PHD.html

4. Manitoba- They have changed the entire process. Now, proof of strong connection to Manitoba is MUST, to qualify under this new points based scheme. One can show strong connection in 3 ways - 1. By studying in a Manitoba based institution, 2. Working in Manitoba for atleast 6 months (outside province students) or 3. Have a relative or close friend who is PR/citizen residing permanently in Manitoba nominate you. Students of Manitoba means to be a student studying a minimum 1 year course in a recognized Manitoba based institution. All MUST apply under points criteria, where one MUST score minimum 60 points. No work ex or finding a job required for Manitoba students. Perhaps the easiest route, if one already has 60 points. In-case, if Manitoba based student is falling short of 60 points, then must find any job, do it for minimum 6 months, and get points for Manitoba work ex under Adaptability.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/eligibility/
Self Assessment Points calculator: http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/asset_library/2013/05/manitoba-immigration-mpnp-points-worksheet-interactive.pdf

5. B.C - Usually should have completed a min. 12 months course in or outside B.C. Should have pursued an approved degree programme form an approved educational institute. Should have a full time skilled (NOC O,A or B) job offer. The job offer must be from an approved employer. There is no need to work for certain number of months.
The BC PNP will also consider applications for positions under Skill Levels C and D of the NOC Matrix where the employer can demonstrate that there is a structured plan for career progression to an occupation at Skill Level 0, A or B. Nominee applicants whose eligibility is based on a job offer in a NOC C or D occupation may be required to submit a language proficiency test.

http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/immigrate-BC/Provincial-Nominee-Program-Home/Strategic-Occupations-Home/International-Graduates-Home.aspx

There is another Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream for foreign workers, where NOC C and D jobs are usually considered under 2 years pilot project in Northeast Development Region of B.C for 3 specific sectors -
•Tourism and Hospitality
•Long-Haul Trucking
•Food Processing
where, applicants need to gain 9 months work experience. So, students after getting PGWP..can go for PR via this route too.
To know more about this B.C PNP pilot Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream see:
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/immigrate-BC/Provincial-Nominee-Program-Home/Strategic-Occupations-Home/Entry-Level-and-Semi-Skilled-Workers-Home.aspx

6. Saskatchewan- Rules remain same as before for students applying to SINP under job offer stream (any job with 6 months work ex. for Sask. students and min 1 year work ex. for outside province students)) OR Sask. Master's/PHd stream (no job offer required, provided one meets certain conditions) BUT they have applied Quota to their student and other immigration programs. This means every year only a very few limited number of students can apply on 1st come 1st serve basis. Has become very tough now to compete and qualify. Right now, according to SINP website: The SINP has reached the application intake threshold for out-of-province post-secondary graduates. No further applications will be accepted. International graduates interested in obtaining permanent residence status in Saskatchewan are encouraged to explore all provincial and federal programs for which they may be eligible. Hence, now SINP/Saskatchewan is no longer an option for easy PR.
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

7. Quebec Programs -
Quebec graduate stream (PEQ) :Do any 2 acd. years/ 1800 hours UG diploma course or 2 UG courses combining to total 1800 hours of study in Quebec, or Bachelor/Master/PHD degrees.. in Quebec in FRENCH medium OR if studies done in English medium then show minimum intermediate level FRENCH language proficiency.. like passing DLEF B1 exam (with required marks of 16/25 in Listening and Speaking and overall minimum 50/100). Then once can qualify for direct CSQ/ Quebec selection certificate within 20 days under this stream . No questions asked but French intermediate level compulsory. In reality one of the easiest PR programme.. no work ex or job offer needed nor need to wok for any number of months... nothing.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html

Quebec Regular program : Foreign student in Québec studying high demand qualifications which are less than 1800 hours/2 academic years can qualify under this route. It is a points based stream where French was not compulsory till Dec. 2012. BUT from Jan 2013, Quebec govt. amended their charter of language, where ALL immigrants MUST know minimum Basic DELF A1 level proficiency... and so as of now, applicants MUST have atleast basic DELF A1 level French proficiency. One must get minimum 49 points to get called for interview (where remaining 6 points will be given on adaptability factors) or directly get min. 55 points so as to get direct CSQ without interview or need for any adaptability points. One must study a minimum 12 or 16 points category Quebec qualification (see List of Area of Trainign pdf document) to qualify under this stream. It's comparatively a lengthy route with long processing times.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/index.html
To know about High demand qualifications for applying under regular program see List of Area of Training: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

It is anticipated that Quebec immigration rules will be revamped after 31st July 2013, and they MAY make minimum French level 2 or 3 /i.e DELB A2 or B1 level compulsory for all students. Will have to wait and see.

AND

8. Federal Programs-
CEC: International students need to find ANY full time skilled job in any province (outside Quebec) and do it for 1 year. Then, will be eligible for direct PR under federal CEC.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

FSW PHD stream: Any international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada who has finished at least two years of study toward a PhD and has accumulated atleast 1 year of full time or equivalent part time work experience as teaching assistant ( skilled occupation - 4012 Post-secondary teaching and research assistants) can apply for PR directly. Limited to only 1000 applications. per year.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should thoroughly go through the official websites too.

mantum1

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
hi tiger, i have stayed in uk for nearly 5 years. i have got honors and masters in mathematics from national university, bangladesh and i have got an MBA degree in marketing from Cardiff metropolitan uni and stayed 2 years more in PSW visa when i used to do some part time jobs like M&S and Hollister.co. Recently back to bangladesh for good for some family responsibilities (mother's illness) 6 month ago. am i eligible for any visa(student or immigration visa) in Canada. i have 3 years education gap after that MBA degree and i m 33 years old. my ielts band is 6.5 .an advice will be highly appreciated.

speedliving

Jul 5, 2013
Hi guys i found this forum really useful
i was planning to take up 1 yr pg certification program at George brown college toronto in strategic communication marketing with co-op for JAN 2014 intake

My profile
age 25 yrs education 10th- 73% 12th -73 % B.pharma : 61% full time PGDM in MARKETING & FINANCE : 79 %

more than 2 yrs of full time work ex

as i found out there are very informed people here i would love to have their opinion about which college to choose and which province to go for the marketing and communication field

Obligation : budget MAX 25000$ duration of course -MAX 16 month field : marketing and communication

objective : to get decent job and eventually PR

please let me know which province i can look for and which college i can aim for also which program i can opt for considering all the obligations and objectives

Thank you in anticipation

Dreamz_Canada

Jul 9, 2013
HI tiger,

Thanks for the info, well i heard there is no work exp and french is required for Canada PR. Its been difficult to believe. Though i have checked on point the calculator for Quebec. e.g am graduate from india and looking for DVS in accounting. I can Claim 53 points without interview without adding up french language point. Could you please put some light on it...

ricky.kaushal

Jul 8, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014, Spouse added March 8, 2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF and PCC - Aug 12, 2014 Wife's Doc - April 22.2015
Nomination.....
19-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
In process & DM July 30th, 2015
Med's Request
01-05-2014 Wife's June 10, 2015
Med's Done....
03-05-2014 Wife's June 11, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2015
Jag49 said:
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, not sure if my question would be pertinent to this topic, but please help me in taking the right decision

Education:
10th: 73.6
12th:77.6
B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication):77.02

Work-Ex:
I have 3.5 years experience in IT - Infosys.

IELTS Score: 8

I have got an admit in Seneca : Project Management in IT, 1 year certification program.

I'm really worried now, because of the apprehensions made on the forum for a 1 year course (optional co-op), as it entitles you to a max 1 year PGWP, which could be a concern if one is looking for a PR too after course completion (1 year full time paid job clause), which I'm too :(. This opprtunity seems to have a lot of risk now to me, I also have an admit in MBA from IIT in India, so really not able to think straight now.

Would request some one to please guide me to evaluate the two alternatives.

Best Regards,
Jag49
@Jag49

Hey , r u kidding that you have admit for IIT mumbai and want to come here in Canada for one year certification course .... Bro i am here from Last 5 years and i just want to tell you that go for IIT Mumbai for MBA ... You will have your bright future over there and you will have lots of chances to roam around world after having MBA from IIT and working as manager in good company ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)