Updating

EE - CEC Inland
VO: Vancouver
AOR: October 18
Medical passed: November 9
Criminality background check: Passed
Security Background check passed: January 31
Eligibility: Not started
Hi! We almost have the same timeline and status, AOR October 19.

Eligibility still not started as of this writing. Have you requested GCMS note recently?

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023
Hi! We almost have the same timeline and status, AOR October 19.

Eligibility still not started as of this writing. Have you requested GCMS note recently?
Hi, I’ve requested it on feb 16. Did you requested yours? Got any results? Did you have your background check updated on Jan 31?

cyberlord922

Oct 9, 2022
Good to know we're all on the same boat here.

CEC inland with 1 spouse dependant

AOR: 4th Nov
Background: Completed Jan 27 (I called IRCC on Feb 3 they mentioned BG in progress, but the tracker shows Completed on Jan 27, PR application is still not updated with any GU/notification)
Medicals: Completed Nov 18
Biometrics: Completed Nov 18

No updates after Jan 27 in the tracker.
No updates after Nov 18 in the application.

If Eligibility is literally not started then I am worried for most of us, this can take up a lot of time.
According to this link, it is the most time-intensive process: https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr#review-of-eligibility

I wish for a speedy process for everyone.

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023

Background: Completed Jan 27 (I called IRCC on Feb 3 they mentioned BG in progress, but the tracker shows Completed on Jan 27, PR application is still not updated with any GU/notification)

If Eligibility is literally not started then I am worried for most of us, this can take up a lot of time.
According to this link, it is the most time-intensive process: https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr#review-of-eligibility

Hey, but also the same article states the following:
“Security screening is the last step (for PNP applicants, this starts early in the process). Only after an officer makes a final determination on eligibility, will the security screening commence (for some applicants who are considered low risk may have Security Screening passed along with Eligibility Review)”

prince.ali1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Hi, I’ve requested it on feb 16. Did you requested yours? Got any results? Did you have your background check updated on Jan 31?
Yes, received it last Friday. Nothing much to see on my GCMS note honestly since most of our eligibility hasn't started yet. I'm thinking to request again maybe this coming week if I see no movements on my status.

We have same date update for Medical/Biometrics and Background Check, yes.

I think we don't have to worry about eligibility being last though. I've seen some fellow candidates being approved from Vancouver VO with Eligibility - Not Started status the whole process till they received their Portal Email.

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023
Yes, received it last Friday. Nothing much to see on my GCMS note honestly since most of our eligibility hasn't started yet. I'm thinking to request again maybe this coming week if I see no movements on my status.

We have same date update for Medical/Biometrics and Background Check, yes.

I think we don't have to worry about eligibility being last though. I've seen some fellow candidates being approved from Vancouver VO with Eligibility - Not Started status the whole process till they received their Portal Email.
Really? So your eligibility hasn't started even in the GCMS notes? There's nothing mentioning anything related to your eligibility. Where is your file now?

prince.ali1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
Really? So your eligibility hasn't started even in the GCMS notes? There's nothing mentioning anything related to your eligibility. Where is your file now?
Yes. I requested it January 18 so it still shows my Security is No Started even though it's already completed January 31.

The only note I see in my Eligibility is from the R10 Check whereas officer recommends review for my Biometrics, PCC and Statutory Question (refused visit visa) which is I think already good by now.

The last time I called after the Jan 31 update, I forgot to ask if my VO changed. Will ask this the next time I call then and we'll find out.

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023
Yes. I requested it January 18 so it still shows my Security is No Started even though it's already completed January 31.

The only note I see in my Eligibility is from the R10 Check whereas officer recommends review for my Biometrics, PCC and Statutory Question (refused visit visa) which is I think already good by now.

The last time I called after the Jan 31 update, I forgot to ask if my VO changed. Will ask this the next time I call then and we'll find out.
That's so weird! so your eligibility could have been finalized as well, but not updated, right?

prince.ali1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2022
That's so weird! so your eligibility could have been finalized as well, but not updated, right?
I know. Not just mine, but most of us from Vancouver is in the same situation. Just like what I’ve posted earlier, there are some candidates from Vancouver as their PVO who got their portal email but still has Eligibility - Not Started on their tracker or when trying to call IRCC to get some updates.

It’s for sure working in the background without us knowing though.

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023
Interesting. How’d you know it’s someone from IRCC?
LinkedIn shows
Search appearances
number of times your profile appeared in search results between Feb 7 - Feb 14

Where your searchers work

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government Administration399,293 followers

Reactions: prince.ali1

tring

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
I finally got through IRCC through call today but they couldn’t give me a lot of info..

AOR: Nov 10
Security and criminality: Passed

I asked if they can see if it was assigned to an inactive agent and they said there is no one name that it’s assigned to and they see initials of who it was worked on by and considering it’s been updated recently it does seem to be active.

Regarding the processing time though they did say that my application is still within the average processing time of “16 months” lol

Last edited:

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
I finally got through IRCC through call today but they couldn’t give me a lot of info..

AOR: Nov 10
Security and criminality: Passed

I asked if they can see if it was assigned to an inactive agent and they said there is no one name that it’s assigned to and they see initials of who it was worked on by and considering it’s been updated recently it does seem to be active.

Regarding the processing time though they did say that my application is still within the average processing time of “16 months” lol
Did they tell you when was your file last worked on? and what was done then?

Also, has your VO always been Vancouver? or was it moved there? - Asking since I've seen many posts on this forum where applications were moved back to the original VO from Vancouver. We have the same AOR, my VO was Ottowa before and then it was moved to Vancouver