+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Vrachar said:
Hi guys,

Three days ago my journey finally finished and I became Canadian citizen.

I had my citizenship oath on August 4 in Expo Blvd CIC building. After showing up there, we have been directed to windows (the same ones from test session) where our identity is checked again (driver's lincence and landing paper) and our PR cards are taken. After that, we have been directed to ceremony room (the same one where the test was written). Each person's seat is numbered in advance and your seat number is printed in your oath invitation letter.

After brief introduction, the judge showed up and explained us all rights and obligations of Canadian citizenship. Then, everybody stood up and repeated the oath after the judge in both languages (first in English and then in French). After congratulations and distribution of certificates, everybody stood up again and sang the Anthem. That was the most emotional part of the oath. And the most interesting part of the ceremony to me, because actually only the music of the anthem was emitted by CIC staff and all the words are to be sung by the applicants. Of course, the text of the anthem is provided.

Whole ceremony took around 1.5 hour. My timeline can be seen in my signature bellow.

Wish everybody to experience this very soon! It was unique experience in my life, for sure!
congratulations :)

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vrachar said:
Hi guys,

Three days ago my journey finally finished and I became Canadian citizen.

I had my citizenship oath on August 4 in Expo Blvd CIC building. After showing up there, we have been directed to windows (the same ones from test session) where our identity is checked again (driver's lincence and landing paper) and our PR cards are taken. After that, we have been directed to ceremony room (the same one where the test was written). Each person's seat is numbered in advance and your seat number is printed in your oath invitation letter.

After brief introduction, the judge showed up and explained us all rights and obligations of Canadian citizenship. Then, everybody stood up and repeated the oath after the judge in both languages (first in English and then in French). After congratulations and distribution of certificates, everybody stood up again and sang the Anthem. That was the most emotional part of the oath. And the most interesting part of the ceremony to me, because actually only the music of the anthem was emitted by CIC staff and all the words are to be sung by the applicants. Of course, the text of the anthem is provided.

Whole ceremony took around 1.5 hour. My timeline can be seen in my signature bellow.

Wish everybody to experience this very soon! It was unique experience in my life, for sure!
Congratulations, Enjoy the moment. :)

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadeghha said:
Hi Guys,
I am new here, and this is my time line:
Applied : November 2014
started processing: December 2014
Test : April 15 2015
ECAS : Decision made, beginning of July 2015
Oath: Waiting

I just have a question that isn't it too long for test to oath waiting time? it is almost 4 months!
Does anyone have a number of Vancouver CIC to call? I have called the main CIC center (1-888-242‑2100) like 5 times and they don't bother to go and check my file! always they ask that has it passed 24 months? I say no, and they say well, you need to wait, we don't need to even go and check your file! the processing time is 24 months! they don't even ask my name to go and check!

I will be happy if someone has a number that they at least look at my file and tell me that what decision made means and how long more should I wait.

Thanks guys in advance!
Hi sadeghha,
Unfortunately, the CIC agents are "agents" and they only inform what we see in Ecas. I had been in touch with a CIC officer, only because she called me to inform that my June 12, 2015 oath ceremony had been cancelled. She provided her number, so I was following up with her regularly to check when is my next oath date. When my Aug 22nd oath ceremony was cancelled, she arranged a Sep 08th date for me. Again, it is yet to be published and I have yet to receive the official letter from CIC.

My timeline is similar to yours, I think our oath ceremony has been delayed due to Bill C24 that was passed by the senate on June 11th. We don't have any other option but to remain patient for the CIC to send us the oath ceremony letter.

Hoping that you will receive it soon.

Best Regards,
IN888658S

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadeghha said:
Thanks IN888658S :) :)
Hope we all receive good news soon too!
Thanks sadeghha.

Hi Sam
The CIC site now accurately reflects that Aug 22nd ceremony is not scheduled. So, it is now a relief for me not to remain indecisive whether to go to the ceremony or not. I can now safely wait for my third notice to appear letter. :)

Regards,
IN888658S

http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx

Kefz

Jul 28, 2015
IN888658S said:
Thanks sadeghha.

Hi Sam
The CIC site now accurately reflects that Aug 22nd ceremony is not scheduled. So, it is now a relief for me not to remain indecisive whether to go to the ceremony or not. I can now safely wait for my third notice to appear letter. :)

Regards,
IN888658S

IN888658S, did they ever tell you what the reasons for cancelling your ceremony were? If it was because the ceremony was on a weekend, wasn't your original ceremony on a weekday?

Hope you get your ceremony scheduled soon!

aria

Mar 25, 2015
Hello all
I am proud to be Canadian.
My family and i have had great day starting with ceremony this morning.
The ceremony were held in Expo office Vancouver, that were opened at 8 am.
After ID check the officer gave us the seat numbers, and the judge speech started around 8:45 after introduction with a CIC staff.
Then we we were given Certificate of Canadian Citizenship following the swear.
Around 80 people were in today's ceremony and it finished around 9:30 am.
Thanks you all for sharing your information and hopefully all you guys get to this point soon.
:) ;D

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kefz said:
IN888658S, did they ever tell you what the reasons for cancelling your ceremony were? If it was because the ceremony was on a weekend, wasn't your original ceremony on a weekday?

Hope you get your ceremony scheduled soon!
Hi Kefz,
For the original ceremony, I was told by the CIC officer that they had cancelled it for me due to additional information that is required and that some one will call me in 2 weeks time. That didn't happen and I got my next oath ceremony on Saturday. The oath ceremony that I received on Aug 22nd was a little different than the first one in that, it had reference to Prohibitions letter. I can only speculate that the cancellation of my Jun 12th ceremony was because CIC had to scan background checks for 4 years in the past vs. 3 years in the past for those who have mentioned in the residency that they were outside of Canada for more than 180 days. Bill C -24 came into effect on Jun 11th that required CIC to do this scan for all applications in process.

For the one on Aug 22nd, the letter was very clear stating that the event was cancelled and that I will receive another oath ceremony date in future. When I called the CIC officer, she mentioned that this cancellation is different than the first one in that the second one is cancelled because CIC has cancelled all weekend ceremonies in Aug. I requested her to slot me for the earliest possible date and she was able to do so for Sep 08th. So now, I will have to wait for my third oath ceremony letter for a formal confirmation of my oath ceremony. Hope this helps to explain the background. Thanks.

Regards, IN888658S

IN888658S

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aria said:
Hello all
After ID check the officer gave us the seat numbers, and the judge speech started around 8:45 after introduction with a CIC staff.
Thanks you all for sharing your information and hopefully all you guys get to this point soon.
Congratulations aria, way to go! :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
aria said:
Hello all
Congratulations :)

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chin24 said:
Yes, just received the email for cancellation last wed same statement due to unforeseen....waiting again
Just got the re-scheduled oath invite last Friday. The oath date will be on Sept 1 at 8 am. I hope those who got cancelled for August weekends oath scheds will receive their re-scheduled oath dates soon.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chin24 said:
Just got the re-scheduled oath invite last Friday. The oath date will be on Sept 1 at 8 am. I hope those who got cancelled for August weekends oath scheds will receive their re-scheduled oath dates soon.
Congrats!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chin24 said:
Congratulations :)

VanCityBrit

Mar 17, 2015
chin24 said:
Congrats! Was your previous oath date August 15th? Also were you notified by letter, email, or online?

My oath date was also cancelled (August 15th, 10am), so I'm crossing my fingers in the hope that everyone affected will be rescheduled soon too.