Interview........
Student Visa
Passport Req..
Student Visa
VISA ISSUED...
2nd, December 2013
LANDED..........
24th of December 2013
Okay - I need some serious advice here....

Do I go for a 14 month MBA program at Vancouver Island University that has 4 months of Intern included OR some other 2 year PGD course from a college?

I have done my Bachelors in Business Administration already (3 years) and have 4.5 years of experience at HSBC and Thomson Reuters.

I intend to obtain Canadian work experience post my graduation and later apply for PR (if things go well).

Now, I believe the 14 month MBA from a university will fetch me a "may be 2 year PG-workpermit" or 14 a month work permit. Which sort of disappoints me.

However, a 2 year PGD course might fetch me a 2 year work permit atleast and if I get lucky a 3 year pgwp.

Considering the length of the pgwp, I think, the 2 year course more helpful which might later help me for PR. BUT, a University MBA will be a great advantage in terms of my resume and skill set offcourse.

So please experts, I need some serious help. There is a lot of money that I would be putting on stake and need to be sure If I am taking the right steps.

iopyud

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
I'm in a similar situation as well, I'd like to hear what the others have to say.

My main problem is the GMAT requirement and the low MBA acceptance rate.

Nemmon

Dec 20, 2013
Hi Reyhan,

I am having exactly the same problem. Cause I too am confused as to the programme I should select.

1. Should I do a MBA or a post graduate diploma.
2. Because there are no MBA programmes that goes on for 24 months.
3. They say after completing a MBA stands a better chance of getting a good job
4.Cause everyone says that if you do a 2 year programme we can get a 3 year work permit. That gives sufficient time to apply for PR.
5. I have completed my degree so I cannot select anything less than a post graduate or MBA

I am so confused. Did you finally decide what you were going to do? Please share your experience with me.

Thank you
Nemmon

William G

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
reyhan649 said:
Okay - I need some serious advice here....

Do I go for a 14 month MBA program at Vancouver Island University that has 4 months of Intern included OR some other 2 year PGD course from a college?

I have done my Bachelors in Business Administration already (3 years) and have 4.5 years of experience at HSBC and Thomson Reuters.

I intend to obtain Canadian work experience post my graduation and later apply for PR (if things go well).

Now, I believe the 14 month MBA from a university will fetch me a "may be 2 year PG-workpermit" or 14 a month work permit. Which sort of disappoints me.

However, a 2 year PGD course might fetch me a 2 year work permit atleast and if I get lucky a 3 year pgwp.

Considering the length of the pgwp, I think, the 2 year course more helpful which might later help me for PR. BUT, a University MBA will be a great advantage in terms of my resume and skill set offcourse.

So please experts, I need some serious help. There is a lot of money that I would be putting on stake and need to be sure If I am taking the right steps.
Hello reyhan,

the program you stated is a 14 month MBA program ( dual degree) ie - MBA + Masters in Int. Business Management. Fees $34000 CAD + $10000 GIC for 14 months.
This program will fetch you only 12 months work visa. ( Seniors please correct me if I'm wrong)
So conclusion is that - spend more.....short length course....not so good university...and fees too high

The same things you get in diploma too. that too at a less fees.

you can also go for a 1+1 diploma eg. 1 year diploma in Int Business management and the next consecutive diploma in some linked related field.

Fees would cost you around 20 lakhs ( ie $26000 CAD + $10000 GIC ) plus a most imp a 3 year work visa.

just meet up some consultants out there in your city. they would guide with some colleges and universities for graduate diploma courses.

If you are planning for PR then try and search any college or university in Alberta , Saskawatchen or Manitoba. the PR chances are more in terms of provinces like Ontario or BC.

Explore every possible things

thanks

regards

William