+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VANCOUVER HOUSE RENTAL IMMIDIATELY

George_GR

Dec 21, 2015
HELLO PEOPLE!!

My family and I (4 members), are moving to Vancouver(from Greece) on March. We are looking for a property with 2+ bedrooms, near downtown and max cost $950/month.
I know it could be difficult having this price in mind, but we cannot afford for more at this time.

So, I would really glad if you could help me finding a place to stay.

Thank you in advance and best wishes for 2016!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
why does it have to be near downtown (Vancouver)? Couldn't it be New Westminister downtown?

George_GR

Dec 21, 2015
Because in Vancouver is the job I found , with Vancouver I am more familiar with and Vancouver is the place that I want to live anyway. :-X

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even so, I know many people lives in New West (and elsewhere in Metro Vancouver), but commute to work or study in downtown Vancouver.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
This is going to be very, very difficult to find. My family (3 members) moved to Victoria 5 years ago, and couldn't find a basement suite for less than 1200 a month. We were able to rent a house for 900, because a developer was planning to tear it down -- we were EXTREMELY lucky to get it. Housing in Vancouver and Victoria is a nightmare. If you have a job lined up, rent a small apartment, it is your best chance in this range. It won't be close to downtown.

George_GR

Dec 21, 2015
steaky said:
Even so, I know many people lives in New West (and elsewhere in Metro Vancouver), but commute to work or study in downtown Vancouver.
I don't know the distances and I want to avoid expensive transportation tickets, for my first months at least. And even though, I don't know times from other places to Vancouver.

Thank you for your answer!

George_GR

Dec 21, 2015
nope said:
This is going to be very, very difficult to find. My family (3 members) moved to Victoria 5 years ago, and couldn't find a basement suite for less than 1200 a month. We were able to rent a house for 900, because a developer was planning to tear it down -- we were EXTREMELY lucky to get it. Housing in Vancouver and Victoria is a nightmare. If you have a job lined up, rent a small apartment, it is your best chance in this range. It won't be close to downtown.
Dear friend I would be really happy if I could be so lucky as you! Thank you for telling me your story. I would be really thankful if inform me about any other bargain (if you have in mind).

Thank you for yous answer!

nope

Oct 3, 2015
You don't understand -- bargains are posted on Craigslist. The first person who responds gets them -- you have 5 minutes after the ad goes up. If you don't send the email first, you get the response "I'm showing it to someone else, if they don't take it you can look at it." They take it. Bargains don't sit around, with their owner wondering why no one is renting.

When we moved out, the developer scheduled two people to look at it at the same time. One was a college student who hemmed and hawed and asked us about a bunch of pointless stuff. The other couple were older, they looked at it for 30 seconds, drove off to get the deposit, and paid for it while the college student was still futzing around.

If you're not going to go for a cheap and extremely crummy apartment, forget about a house -- look for a basement suite, far from downtown. Maybe it will be affordable.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Here, look at these -- they are housing co-ops, and more difficult to get into than simply renting. You won't be able to do it from a distance, but might after you've lived there for some time. Think of them as your best, cheapest, option.

http://www.chf.bc.ca/what-co-op-housing/find-a-co-op

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
You are dreaming.

Do you think you are doing yourself any favors by expecting to find a 2 bedroom close to downtown in that price range?

In one of the most expensive cities in the world?

I really hope that when you made an application, you actually spent some time researching everything instead of looking at Canadian postcards. This is ridiculous. You are doing yourself and your family a great disservice.

Also, there is a huge waiting list for co-op housing.

Your only chance is that someone feels sorry for you and offers you charity.

Le Tachaque

Jan 15, 2016
A `property with 2+ bedrooms, near downtown and max cost $950/month` is simply out of question. Finding something like that is less likely than Turkey and Greece uniting to become one single country! :p Actually it`s almost impossible even if you meant US Dollars or Euros.

I suggest you try a suburb of Vancouver that`s easily accessible by public transit. That way you can save on rent (thought you`d probably still be above 950 for a 2 bedroom apt), but also the cost associated with owning and driving a car. Vancouver`s traffic isn`t exactly like Athina or Toronto, so even taking the bus won`t be all that bad. At least for starters...

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
mrbeachman said:
You are dreaming.

Do you think you are doing yourself any favors by expecting to find a 2 bedroom close to downtown in that price range?

In one of the most expensive cities in the world?

I really hope that when you made an application, you actually spent some time researching everything instead of looking at Canadian postcards. This is ridiculous. You are doing yourself and your family a great disservice.

Also, there is a huge waiting list for co-op housing.

Your only chance is that someone feels sorry for you and offers you charity.
I am with Mr Beachman here.. doing research BEFORE coming to Canada is vital, if not compulsory. Any other approach is a guaranteed downfall. I mean how difficult is it to Google stuff? The bus nowadays cost $2.75 anywhere, the skytrain slightly more depending on where you wanna go. Housing is on Craigslist or Kijiji, or some more serious websites like padmapper or rentbc.

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$950 is simply out of the question, unfortunately. I once rented a run-down, 80 years old, dingy, 1 br apartment in Burnaby (30 mins bus and train to downtown) for $950 per month. And there was even a line up for it! I was considered lucky to have gotten it.