+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Citizenship Test Invite - Masterthread

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
This is really strange, was told today by the client support center that my certificate was posted Friday 18th February from the Vancouver office and I still have not received it (I'm also based in Vancouver), does it really take that long for Canada post to deliver a local mail within Vancouver?

Anybody recieved thier certificate lately based in Vancouver and was dispatched from Vancouver office, how long did it take?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
This is really strange, was told today by the client support center that my certificate was posted Friday 18th February from the Vancouver office and I still have not received it (I'm also based in Vancouver), does it really take that long for Canada post to deliver a local mail within Vancouver?

Anybody recieved thier certificate lately based in Vancouver and was dispatched from Vancouver office, how long did it take?
Wasn't your certificate dispatched from NS on Jan 31st? Is this a new certificate mailed on Feb 18th, or the office in Vancouver received the certificate from NS, and then it forwarded it to you? In any case, I read yesterday in the certificate timeline thread that someone contacted them that they didn't receive their certificate after 4 weeks from the oath date, and asked them to send a new one express with a tracking number, and IRCC did that and the applicant received the certificate 3 days later. Explore this option.

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Wasn't your certificate dispatched from NS on Jan 31st? Is this a new certificate mailed on Feb 18th, or the office in Vancouver received the certificate from NS, and then it forwarded it to you? In any case, I read yesterday in the certificate timeline thread that someone contacted them that they didn't receive their certificate after 4 weeks from the oath date, and asked them to send a new one express with a tracking number, and IRCC did that and the applicant received the certificate 3 days later. Explore this option.
Yeah this why I’m so crossed, got conflicting story from speaking to different agents, after 5 calls they said that my certificate was not ‘actually’ dispatched until 18 the of Feb and it should have left from Vancouver office. I asked why was I told originally that was dispatched from NS on 31st of Jan, nobody could give me a strait answer. So I’m now waiting to see if arrives, for sure if it doesn’t arrive by end of March then I will explore that option, this is so so frustrating!!!!!!

Reactions: CaBeaver

rrp702

Mar 9, 2016
I received request for scanned pages of my passport

My passport is in English, but some passport travel stamps have non English text in them (but they do have the name of the country in English). Do the stamps need to be translated as well?

Also some of the travel stamps have blurred out a bit in time, was that an issue for any of you?

Timeline:
Sept 2020 applicant, AOR received - Jan 2021, Fingerprints requested - July 2021, Background check complete - Aug 2021, Citizenship test completed - late December 2021

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
I translated the stamps, and some of them were blurry.
Sent in October 2021 to Surrey office, no updates since :eek:

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Any 2019/2020/2021 Vancouver applicant still waiting for the test invite? Many 2021 applicants have already received oath invitations. I have not received even my test invite. No update after background verification completed. Anybody in the same boat?

Application delivered by mail: February 9, 2021
AOR: April 13, 2021
Fingerprint required: September 15, 2021
Fingerprint received: October 28, 2021
Background verification status updated to completed: October 29, 2021
Last update: October 29, 2021

ProntoTiny

Feb 11, 2022
Any 2019/2020/2021 Vancouver applicant still waiting for the test invite? Many 2021 applicants have already received oath invitations. I have not received even my test invite. No update after background verification completed. Anybody in the same boat?

Application delivered by mail: February 9, 2021
AOR: April 13, 2021
Fingerprint required: September 15, 2021
Fingerprint received: October 28, 2021
Background verification status updated to completed: October 29, 2021
Last update: October 29, 2021
Me + 1. Similar to your timeline except for Background verification completed Jan 2022. Then waiting :(

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Me + 1. Similar to your timeline except for Background verification completed Jan 2022. Then waiting :(
It’s so frustrating :( Today, I read in one of the forums that a 2019 applicant has not received the test invite yet :eek: The applicant’s application is not processed in Vancouver though. I hope you receive the test invite soon, considering the fact that your BG verification was completed in Jan. According to what I read in different forums, most of the applicants receive their test invite almost 2-3 months after their BG is completed. I hope you get it soon. This trend didn’t work for me though. After 4 months no test invite for me yet.