+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Citizenship Test Invite - Masterthread

SimonAitch

Star Member
Sep 20, 2020
Mine appeared in my inbox after 2.5 months and to the day the oath ceremony was 3 months. Hang in there, I know its tough but you're almost there.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Just checked my ECAS and oath would take place on August 17, however I haven't received the email yet..does anyone know how long it usually take get the email?

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
My online account says I'm scheduled to take the test, with the test window opening in a few days, but I haven't received an email yet. Any one experiencing the same issue?

fabry_xy

Feb 3, 2014
Just checked my ECAS and oath would take place on August 17, however I haven't received the email yet..does anyone know how long it usually take get the email?
Happy for you! Since I had DM on June 17 I hope to see it around the 20ish of this month if timeline is coherent with yours

Reactions: KoRnnn

fabry_xy

Feb 3, 2014
My ECAS got updated too. My Oath is scheduled for August 24th. I will report here once I get the confirmation email.

Out of curiosity, is it true that the Oath has to be done in both English and French?

Thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My ECAS got updated too. My Oath is scheduled for August 24th. I will report here once I get the confirmation email.

Out of curiosity, is it true that the Oath has to be done in both English and French?

Thank you
Yes, the oath part is bilingual and you are expected to recite the oath in both languages. You simply have to repeat what the judge says, that's all.

Good luck!

Last edited:

dmee3

Apr 20, 2020
Seems like there a lot of test invitations going around for March-June 2020 (~Nov-Dec 2020 in process) candidates from Vancouver now. A friend of mine just got his earlier today, but I am still waiting for mine even though I've submitted my application a month or so earlier. Hopefully the wait is almost over though :)

saadmalik

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Canada
My online account says I'm scheduled to take the test, with the test window opening in a few days, but I haven't received an email yet. Any one experiencing the same issue?
Yeah same for me, account shows i have to take the test but no email yet. I hope we get it soon.

fabry_xy

Feb 3, 2014
Looks like things are moving at the Vancouver office. Got email confirming my Oath is taking place on the 24th as already shown on the online tracker :)

rrp702

Mar 9, 2016
Completed the background check this month (fingerprints were requested last month). Sept 2020, applicant. Timeline in signature