+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver applicant- RQ- Oath March 2014

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just wanted to thank all for your support.

My wife and I received oath letter today from Vancouver office.
It has been a long journey for me since I applied in 2011.

For all RQ applicants out there, RQ process is a pain in the ass but if you tell the truth and that you meet all eligibility to become Canadian, you will become one. RQ process is long but will end.

Good luck to all!!!!!! And again thank you Canada Visa forum and people who contribute posts to this forum.

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let me e the first one to congratulate you and you wife on the forum!
Am very glad and happy for you!
All the best :)

lynnzzm

Jun 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
I just wanted to thank all for your support.

My wife and I received oath letter today from Vancouver office.
It has been a long journey for me since I applied in 2011.

For all RQ applicants out there, RQ process is a pain in the ass but if you tell the truth and that you meet all eligibility to become Canadian, you will become one. RQ process is long but will end.

Good luck to all!!!!!! And again thank you Canada Visa forum and people who contribute posts to this forum.
Good news! :D

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
Let me e the first one to congratulate you and you wife on the forum!
Am very glad and happy for you!
All the best :)
Thank you very much for your kind words! All the best to you.

Vangirl

Mar 15, 2014
Congratulations! I am a Vancouver RQ recipent too, here's my timeline:

Hi everyone,

I just found out my oath date online! (Vancouver office & RQ received May 2013). Here's my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 5, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 5, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2012.

4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2014 at 8:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on March 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Does anyone know how long the ceremony takes?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vangirl said:
Congratulations! I am a Vancouver RQ recipent too, here's my timeline:

Hi everyone,

I just found out my oath date online! (Vancouver office & RQ received May 2013). Here's my timeline:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 5, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 5, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 17, 2012.

4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 13, 2014 at 8:02 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a notice on March 12, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Does anyone know how long the ceremony takes?
I would say close to 2 hours.