+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity period of CoPR extension

rh1994

Sep 28, 2020
My CoPR and PRV are no longer valid because I was unable to travel before the expiration date due to the pandemic. I'm in a relatively better position to move now, so I want to write to IRCC and tell them that I want to leave by the end of November. However, I need to know the time period for which the extension will be valid (for example, will they ask me to fly between the end of November and February? Or will be six months from November?) in case I am unable to fly by November because of some problem associated with the pandemic or lack of flights etc. by that point? Any advice from those who have received an extension would be greatly appreciated

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
My CoPR and PRV are no longer valid because I was unable to travel before the expiration date due to the pandemic. I'm in a relatively better position to move now, so I want to write to IRCC and tell them that I want to leave by the end of November. However, I need to know the time period for which the extension will be valid (for example, will they ask me to fly between the end of November and February? Or will be six months from November?) in case I am unable to fly by November because of some problem associated with the pandemic or lack of flights etc. by that point? Any advice from those who have received an extension would be greatly appreciated

Hi,
What happened with your case? Were you granted extension of COPR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
What happened with your case? Were you granted extension of COPR?
Anyone whose COPR expired in 2020 had it very easily extended. This was mid-COVID and large scale travel restrictions were in place.