+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity of TRV (tourism)

sanjaysingh

Jan 11, 2013
Hello,

I have Indian PP valid till December 2015 and Oman residence visa till May 2014. My single entry TRV (tourism) has been approved and I will get sticker in PP soon. I intend to visit Canada within next 2 months and not after that since it will be too cold to visit.

So in sticker what could be the departure date from Canada ? Will it be 6 months prior to Oman residence visa expiry date or 3 months (if applying for Schengen visa) ?

Thank you.

bestovluk

Aug 16, 2013
sanjaysingh said:
Hello,

I have Indian PP valid till December 2015 and Oman residence visa till May 2014. My single entry TRV (tourism) has been approved and I will get sticker in PP soon. I intend to visit Canada within next 2 months and not after that since it will be too cold to visit.

So in sticker what could be the departure date from Canada ? Will it be 6 months prior to Oman residence visa expiry date or 3 months (if applying for Schengen visa) ?

Thank you.

nice u got visa thts ur second attempt for trv in which u got visa

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjaysingh said:
Hello,

Thank you.
Your departure date from Canada will be the day your TRV expires. It is that simple. You departure date from Canada has nothing to do with your Oman residence.

sanjaysingh

Jan 11, 2013
Actually somewhere at the immigration website I came to see that if applying in country other than PP then such residence visa should be valid for at least 6 months. Unfortunately that page cannot be found now. I am really short of time. All depends upon PP return date.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Validity of residence permit in Oman has nothing to do with traveling to canada
I applied for a visit visa from my country of residence and not fromy home country.
When I traveled to canada my residence permit wAas about to expire.
I have done this on previous years and never had a problem. As long as
the officer At the embassy was convinced that you will go back to oman you dont have to worry.