+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity of Police Clearance

WilliamShakesBeer

Oct 13, 2017
Hey all,

I have a German police clearance from September 2017. I did use this police clearance for my Working Holiday application. I'm in Canada now since the end of December 2017 and didn't leave the country since. Now I got an invitation to apply for a Young Professionals visa.

I'm wondering if I can use the same police clearance for my new application or if I need to get a new one. The police clearance I have doesn't have any expiring date on it and the IEC website doesn't mention anything about the validity of police clearances.

Does anyone has more insight here?

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Hey all,

I have a German police clearance from September 2017. I did use this police clearance for my Working Holiday application. I'm in Canada now since the end of December 2017 and didn't leave the country since. Now I got an invitation to apply for a Young Professionals visa.

I'm wondering if I can use the same police clearance for my new application or if I need to get a new one. The police clearance I have doesn't have any expiring date on it and the IEC website doesn't mention anything about the validity of police clearances.

Does anyone has more insight here?
You can use the same one. My situation was exactly the same (Netherlands - WH then YP) and they accepted mine just fine. They don't really seem to care for IEC as long as it was issued no more than 6 months before you left Germany.

Be aware though, that if you ever want to become a PR, you will need to request a new one as it must have been issued after you left Germany. This is one of the most common mistakes people make when filing for PR.