+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validity of COPR

ZainabAdi

Jul 2, 2019
Hello,

was just wondering if anybody could to a query i had relating to expiry or COPR.

Does anyone know if there's any possibility of a Copr expiring before medical validity?

suppose if my medical is valid till 4 April 2020. Is there a possibility my COPR expires on 25th February?

asking this because i have some plan towards feb end march first week.

Will be thankful if anyone can answer this query.

Many thanks in advance!!

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
suppose if my medical is valid till 4 April 2020. Is there a possibility my COPR expires on 25th February?
COPR expires 1 year after issuance.

And since prior to receiving COPR you are supposed to have gotten and then submitted your medicals with your eAPR, it follows suit that medicals expire before COPR does.

Medicals likewise expire 1 year after you got your exam done.

Last edited:

ZainabAdi

Jul 2, 2019
thank you so much!!!

And since prior to receiving COPR your are supposed to have gotten and then submitted your medicals with your eAPR, it follows suit that medicals expire before COPR does.

ZainabAdi

Jul 2, 2019
hey! would it be possible for you to answer another query of mine too?

what will be the maximum delay if i get married after my eapr?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
hey! would it be possible for you to answer another query of mine too?

what will be the maximum delay if i get married after my eapr?
Sorry, no idea. I’ve yet to get married myself and the fiançée and I are applying separately...

Also, the fact is, we can’t give a certain answer to how long each case is processed; more so predict delays.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

And since prior to receiving COPR you are supposed to have gotten and then submitted your medicals with your eAPR, it follows suit that medicals expire before COPR does.

This is wrong. Unless the medical is extended, the COPR expires one year from the date of the medical or passport expiry, whichever is first.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

was just wondering if anybody could to a query i had relating to expiry or COPR.

Does anyone know if there's any possibility of a Copr expiring before medical validity?

asking this because i have some plan towards feb end march first week.

Will be thankful if anyone can answer this query.

Many thanks in advance!!
Generally, it would be valid until medical expiry. However, no one can guarantee that. Sometimes the validity is less.