+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validation

kanj888

Dec 18, 2012
The Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking Form, is the only form that need to be validated, right?..If we got some errors in filling out the forms in Sponsorship Evaluation Form, for example, the date, is it okay to have them corrected using the ballpen? Or we need to fill out again all the forms and validate it again? Thank you so much.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You really need to update and revalidate.
The validation generates the barcode pages and they will be used to input your application details.
This means that the input data will no longer match the form and will cause confusion, sooner or later...
It's possible that they might correct the system data using the corrected paper forms but I would not trust this will happen.

We have a saying in my company.. "Get it right first time".

Z.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kanj888 said:
The Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking Form, is the only form that need to be validated, right?..If we got some errors in filling out the forms in Sponsorship Evaluation Form, for example, the date, is it okay to have them corrected using the ballpen? Or we need to fill out again all the forms and validate it again? Thank you so much.
Hey as from what I have seen , date can be empty while validating and generating barcode.
Later on you can input the date with a pen and this should not be of any trouble.

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
zardoz said:
You really need to update and revalidate.
The validation generates the barcode pages and they will be used to input your application details.
This means that the input data will no longer match the form and will cause confusion, sooner or later...
It's possible that they might correct the system data using the corrected paper forms but I would not trust this will happen.

We have a saying in my company.. "Get it right first time".

Z.
the bar codes are generated based on the input provided. there might some fields that are required, thus need validating, and others that aren't validated but still used in the bar codes. safest bet is to renegerate the documents and revalidate to get the (new) bar codes. sponsorship process can already be long and tedious, so IMO there is no need to add another possibility of incorrect data being entered in the system and then being red flagged for whatever reason.

sheik

Star Member
Oct 14, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-11-2012
File Transfer...
30-11-2012
Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Passport Req..
5-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
august 2013
as mentioned by zardoz, it wont take you too much time to revalidate a new form, i have done this d=so many times by correcting mistake, to avoid wasting time, make a print out filled by ball pen then do the right filling on the computer, these bar codes makes your files transfer easily

kanj888

Dec 18, 2012
Thank you so much guys for the reply. The ONLY form that has a VALIDATE Button is the Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking. We do no have errors or correction in this form. Only in some other forms. If I need corrections to some other forms, would I need to fill out the Sponsor, SPonsorship Agreement form and revalidate and get the bar code again?Thank you again guys!...Please help!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No. There is no electronic link between the forms. Each one stands on its own.
I think there should be TWO forms with validation, IMM 1344 and IMM 0008.

Z.

kanj888

Dec 18, 2012
zardoz said:
No. There is no electronic link between the forms. Each one stands on its own.
I think there should be TWO forms with validation, IMM 1344 and IMM 0008.

Z.
Oh thank you so much zardoz for the reply...I really appreciate it and it makes me worries free then. Because we just edit or made correction in IMM 5481(Sponsorship Evaluation Form) using the ballpen. Since is has no electronic link, it's okay to use the ballpen for the correction, right?Again, thank you so much.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
That should be OK. Black is best but blue will probably be fine. Make sure the corrections are clear and easy to see.